Question...concerning classifier

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question...concerning classifier

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi,

during my implementations i have come to the conclusion if someone sets
a classifier for the execution of a plugin...it would be useful to check
the validity of the classifier...

Based on that i started to search but unfortunately i didn't found a
definition etc. documentation how a valid classifier looks like or the
inverse what it does not allowed to be..

So does someone know of any kind of definition how a valid classifier
looks like? Some kind of reference ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question...concerning classifier

Tibor Digana-2
Hm, classifiers in plugins, not really used at all. Dependencies yes. I
guess classifier is more overhead and evil than benefit.
I remember Maven docu talked about classifier jdk1.5 as an example and
maybe environment specifics, but I guess it was the only examples in the
tutorial.
Regarding valid characters in classifier - no idea if any exists.

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> during my implementations i have come to the conclusion if someone sets a
> classifier for the execution of a plugin...it would be useful to check the
> validity of the classifier...
>
> Based on that i started to search but unfortunately i didn't found a
> definition etc. documentation how a valid classifier looks like or the
> inverse what it does not allowed to be..
>
> So does someone know of any kind of definition how a valid classifier
> looks like? Some kind of reference ?
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
Cheers
Tibor
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question...concerning classifier

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Tibor,

On 12/28/15 7:22 PM, Tibor Digana wrote:
> Hm, classifiers in plugins, not really used at all. Dependencies yes. I
> guess classifier is more overhead and evil than benefit.

If you build for several environments than you need classifiers (e.g.
with maven-assembly-plugin), maven-jar-plugin (test-jar, jar),
maven-deploy-plugin, maven-source-plugin, maven-javadoc-plugin..just
mention some examples.. etc...i wouldn't call it evil...

> I remember Maven docu talked about classifier jdk1.5 as an example and
> maybe environment specifics, but I guess it was the only examples in the
> tutorial.

Yes that's what i know of as well...

> Regarding valid characters in classifier - no idea if any exists.

Exactly that's what i'm searching for...


>
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     during my implementations i have come to the conclusion if someone
>     sets a classifier for the execution of a plugin...it would be useful
>     to check the validity of the classifier...
>
>     Based on that i started to search but unfortunately i didn't found a
>     definition etc. documentation how a valid classifier looks like or
>     the inverse what it does not allowed to be..
>
>     So does someone know of any kind of definition how a valid
>     classifier looks like? Some kind of reference ?
>
>     Kind regards
>     Karl Heinz Marbaise

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question...concerning classifier

ChrisGWarp
Hi Karl,

Did you ever find what you were looking for?

I came across this in a search on classifiers as I want to be able to access them as a part of a filter/transformation when the assemble plugin does it's job.

I am finding that classifiers are not well documented their usage at all! :-(

Sent from my iPhone

> On 29 Dec 2015, at 5:33 am, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tibor,
>
>> On 12/28/15 7:22 PM, Tibor Digana wrote:
>> Hm, classifiers in plugins, not really used at all. Dependencies yes. I
>> guess classifier is more overhead and evil than benefit.
>
> If you build for several environments than you need classifiers (e.g. with maven-assembly-plugin), maven-jar-plugin (test-jar, jar), maven-deploy-plugin, maven-source-plugin, maven-javadoc-plugin..just mention some examples.. etc...i wouldn't call it evil...
>
>> I remember Maven docu talked about classifier jdk1.5 as an example and
>> maybe environment specifics, but I guess it was the only examples in the
>> tutorial.
>
> Yes that's what i know of as well...
>
>> Regarding valid characters in classifier - no idea if any exists.
>
> Exactly that's what i'm searching for...
>
>
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi,
>>
>>    during my implementations i have come to the conclusion if someone
>>    sets a classifier for the execution of a plugin...it would be useful
>>    to check the validity of the classifier...
>>
>>    Based on that i started to search but unfortunately i didn't found a
>>    definition etc. documentation how a valid classifier looks like or
>>    the inverse what it does not allowed to be..
>>
>>    So does someone know of any kind of definition how a valid
>>    classifier looks like? Some kind of reference ?
>>
>>    Kind regards
>>    Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]