Question about the order maven-invoker-plugin executes the tests

Question about the order maven-invoker-plugin executes the tests

Zoltan Farkas-2
Is there a way to control the order the tests configured at: <projectsDirectory>src/it/projects</projectsDirectory> ?

thanks!

—Z

Re: Question about the order maven-invoker-plugin executes the tests

Anders Hammar
Typically no test project should depend on other test projects, so you
shouldn't need to specify the order. But you could have some setup projects
that need to be run before the test projects. You can specify those with
the setupIncludes param [1].

Having said that, you could try specifying the order with the pomIncludes
param [2]. I don't know if it works and it sounds cumbersome to me to
always keep that parameter updated whenever you add a test project.

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/integration-test-mojo.html#setupIncludes
[2]
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/integration-test-mojo.html#pomIncludes

/Anders

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:16 PM Zoltan Farkas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Is there a way to control the order the tests configured at:
> <projectsDirectory>src/it/projects</projectsDirectory> ?
>
> thanks!
>
> —Z

Re: Question about the order maven-invoker-plugin executes the tests

Zoltan Farkas-2
Thanks, my issue is that I am testing a plugin that validates API backward compatibility and I have:

project v1, project v2, project v3, project v4

where the  artifact produced by project 2 is validated against the artifact  produced by project 1,  artifact produced by project v3 validated against v2 ...etc…

now  I could add some  of  them in a maven multi-project, but I  would have to duplicate a lot of code to  achieve all  the test scenarios I want…

will try out pomIncludes…

thanks!

—Z

> On Oct 16, 2018, at 5:35 PM, Anders Hammar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Typically no test project should depend on other test projects, so you
> shouldn't need to specify the order. But you could have some setup projects
> that need to be run before the test projects. You can specify those with
> the setupIncludes param [1].
>
> Having said that, you could try specifying the order with the pomIncludes
> param [2]. I don't know if it works and it sounds cumbersome to me to
> always keep that parameter updated whenever you add a test project.
>
> [1]
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/integration-test-mojo.html#setupIncludes
> [2]
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/integration-test-mojo.html#pomIncludes
>
> /Anders
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:16 PM Zoltan Farkas <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to control the order the tests configured at:
>> <projectsDirectory>src/it/projects</projectsDirectory> ?
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> —Z

Re: Question about the order maven-invoker-plugin executes the tests

Zoltan Farkas-2
pomIncludes did not work… wish there was  a way to order execution or specify some dependencies…

thanks

—Z