Question: EoL for Maven 3.0.5

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi to all,

based on looking on the history of released I thought about EoL for
Maven 3.0.5 ..

The question is: What do you think about it?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Question: EoL for Maven 3.0.5

Tibor Digana-3
Hi all,

I would like to have Maven 3.1.1 instead in our Jenkins and env script of
Groovy on GitBox.
What is your opinion and needs?

Tibor

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 11:24 AM Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> On 17/08/18 12:07, Robert Scholte wrote:
> > Hi Karl Heinz,
> >
> > Maven 3.0.5 is already EOL, meaning we don't develop on it anymore.
>
> In the way you describe yes of course, but we haven't yet officially
> announced that...
>
> > If you talk about plugins supporting Maven 3 (not 3.0.5!), that's up to
> > the plugin.
> > In general I don't think there are that much API changes that will break
> > the plugin.
>
> No this is not what I'm talking about.. Keeping 3 compatiblity is just
> fine.... only a few exceptions we might need to reconsider...but this is
> a different thread.
>

> > Assuming you're talking about maven-install-plugin and
> > maven-deploy-plugin, the question should be:
> > Can we require at least Maven 3.1.0 for these plugins so we can drop
> > maven-artifact-transfer and simply use Eclipse Aether?
>
> No...Ok yes patially but I wouldn't drop maven-artifact-transfer cause
> using Eclipse Aether isn't that simple as the word "simply" implies...
>
> Using maven-artifact-transfer makes it easier in plugins and extentions
> to handle different scenarios....and prevents code duplications etc.
>
> and no I woudln't say to require Maven 3.1.0 as minimum, cause we have
> not yet lifted all plugins to Maven 3 minimum....
>
> That would be the next step after a Time (which might be discussed about
> what amount of time we think it makes sense) of Announcing 3.0.5 EoL...
>
> > This is for me a valid case to ask this question, for most others I'd
> > like to stay Maven 3.0 compatible when possible, it makes communication
> > a LOT easier :)
>
> Yes of course.
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>

> > Robert
> >
> > On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:56:48 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi to all,
> >>
> >> based on looking on the history of released I thought about EoL for
> >> Maven 3.0.5 ..
> >>
> >> The question is: What do you think about it?
> >>
> >> Kind regards
> >> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Cheers
Tibor

Re: Question: EoL for Maven 3.0.5

Elliotte Rusty Harold
Does deprecation of a release include purging info about the old
versions from maven-site? I frequently find mentions of things that
are true in Maven 2 scattered across the pages.

On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 2:10 AM, Tibor Digana <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for EOL 3.0.5
> +1 for EOL of entire Java 5 release including Maven 3.1.x
> If the only 3.0.5 would be deprecated, then pls use 3.1.x.
> If we do not support 3.1.x in CI then we have to start of deprecating 3.1.x.
> So decide, because user may use 3.1.x and we should use it in CI as well;
> or not to use either.
>
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 11:56 AM Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> based on looking on the history of released I thought about EoL for
>> Maven 3.0.5 ..
>>
>> The question is: What do you think about it?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise

Elliotte Rusty Harold