Proxy Repository Routing: Discovery Error

Proxy Repository Routing: Discovery Error

LennyB
We upgraded to 2.7.1-01 and now see a Routing tab when viewing a repository.  One of our proxies is having routing issues.  We have other proxies to the same server that are successful.

How do we debug this?

Discovery ststus is "Unsuccessful" with the message "Remote disabled automatic routing.",

TIA!
Lenny

Re: Proxy Repository Routing: Discovery Error

Rich Seddon
The automatic routing feature uses various strategies to try and determine the top level directories available on the remote.  If it is successful it uses this information to decide whether or not to contact the remote for incoming requests.

One of the ways that this works is the remote can publish information about what directories are available.  The message you are receiving indicates that the remote is capable of publishing this information, but has been configured not to do so.

It's OK for it to be unsuccessful, this feature is just an optimization.   The proxy will function the same as it did before this feature was added into Nexus.

Rich
On Feb 21, 2014, at 9:56 AM, Leonard Basuino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We upgraded to 2.7.1-01 and now see a Routing tab when viewing a repository.  One of our proxies is having routing issues.  We have other proxies to the same server that are successful.
>
> How do we debug this?
>
> Discovery ststus is "Unsuccessful" with the message "Remote disabled automatic routing.",
>
> TIA!
> Lenny

Re: Proxy Repository Routing: Discovery Error

LennyB
The "problem" (I need to verify if this is working or not) is with the Group repos that this proxy repo is part of.  The Group repo's Routing tab is indicating that the publishing is not being updated.  I hope this is not the case.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Richard Seddon <[hidden email]> wrote:
The automatic routing feature uses various strategies to try and determine the top level directories available on the remote.  If it is successful it uses this information to decide whether or not to contact the remote for incoming requests.

One of the ways that this works is the remote can publish information about what directories are available.  The message you are receiving indicates that the remote is capable of publishing this information, but has been configured not to do so.

It's OK for it to be unsuccessful, this feature is just an optimization.   The proxy will function the same as it did before this feature was added into Nexus.

Rich
On Feb 21, 2014, at 9:56 AM, Leonard Basuino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We upgraded to 2.7.1-01 and now see a Routing tab when viewing a repository.  One of our proxies is having routing issues.  We have other proxies to the same server that are successful.
>
> How do we debug this?
>
> Discovery ststus is "Unsuccessful" with the message "Remote disabled automatic routing.",
>
> TIA!
> Lenny

Re: Proxy Repository Routing: Discovery Error

Rich Seddon

A group repository will only publish routing information if all of it's member repositories have reliable automatic routing information.  If even one of them does not have this information it cannot publish, because will not have the complete set of available top level directories for all of its members.

Again, this is OK, this routing information is just an optimization.  The group repository will still work normally.

Rich