Project Jigsaw Multi-module Compilation

Bruce Alspaugh
The quick-start guide for project Jigsaw describes how to compile
multiple Java 9 modules with one javac command:

http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jigsaw/quick-start

How do I configure Maven to do that rather than compile each module
separately?

Bruce

Re: Project Jigsaw Multi-module Compilation

Robert Scholte-8
You can't.

The Java 9 multiple module compilation doesn't fit into the Maven model.
For Maven, every deliverable requires its own pom, hence a separate Maven
module.

You could have a look at Pro[1], an experimental build tool inspired by
Maven and all JPMS features.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://github.com/forax/pro

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:43:26 +0200, Bruce Alspaugh <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The quick-start guide for project Jigsaw describes how to compile
> multiple Java 9 modules with one javac command:
>
> http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jigsaw/quick-start
>
> How do I configure Maven to do that rather than compile each module
> separately?
>
> Bruce

Re: Project Jigsaw Multi-module Compilation

Martin Desruisseaux
Le 22/09/2018 à 20:39, Robert Scholte a écrit :

> You can't.
>
> The Java 9 multiple module compilation doesn't fit into the Maven model.
>
> For Maven, every deliverable requires its own pom, hence a separate
> Maven module.

Or alternatively, we can try to get Maven to evolve. Otherwise we can't
have aggregated javadoc (unless I missed something), or cross-module
annotation processing. Idea has been drafted there:
https://github.com/Geomatys/maven-plugins/wiki . I didn't had the time
to work on the plugins yet, but I hope to start after ApacheCon is over.

    Martin