Profiling Maven Compilation for a multi-module project

Profiling Maven Compilation for a multi-module project

Debraj Manna
Just cross-posting this from stack overflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44458414/profiling-maven-compilation-for-a-multi-module-project>
:-

I have a multi module maven project which is taking a little too much time.
Can some one let me know if there is a way it is possible for me to see
which step in maven is taking how much time. Also is it possible to see
which steps are getting executed in parallel relative to which step?

I am executing maven with -T 4.

   - Maven Version 3.5.0

Thanks,
tuk

Re: Profiling Maven Compilation for a multi-module project

first I would suggest to check with:

https://github.com/khmarbaise/maven-buildtime-profiler

On 09/06/17 15:02, Debraj Manna wrote:
> Just cross-posting this from stack overflow
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44458414/profiling-maven-compilation-for-a-multi-module-project>
> :-
>
> I have a multi module maven project which is taking a little too much time.

What does "too much time" mean? About which time are we talking about...

> Can some one let me know if there is a way it is possible for me to see
> which step in maven is taking how much time. Also is it possible to see
> which steps are getting executed in parallel relative to which step?

Maybe I misunderstand your question but what about comparing:

mvn clean package
against:
mvn -T clean package

?
Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

> I am executing maven with -T 4.
>

>     - Maven Version 3.5.0
>
> Thanks,
> tuk

Re: Profiling Maven Compilation for a multi-module project

Debraj Manna
Hi

Using https://github.com/jcgay/maven-profiler I am able to get the
execution time of each step.

I am talking about the execution time of mvn clean install.

Since I am building with multiple threads option (-T 4). Is there a way I
can view which plugin execution are executing in which thread. Basically I
want to know which plugin execution is happening in parallel to which
execution.

Thanks,
tuk

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <[hidden email]>