Problem with uploading an artifact

Menke, Mikolaj
Hello,

There is a problem with uploading an artifact to our Nexus 2.6.2-01. One of users reports that his Jenkins job fails when trying to upload an artifact to Nexus. The error in Jenkins is the following:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-4:upload (upload-rpm) on project d: Error handling resource: Error transferring file: Error writing to server -> [Help 1]

I also found this in the Nexus log:

ERROR [qtp2103650406-353] someproject org.sonatype.nexus.rest.ContentPlexusResource - Got exception during processing request "PUT http://nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/a/b/c/d//d-2.2-6.noarch.rpm": EOF during storing on path "snapshots:/a/b/c/d/d-2.2-6.noarch.rpm" (while writing to hiddenTarget: "/nexus/work/storage/snapshots/.nexus/tmp/d-2.2-6.noarch.rpmnx-tmp5821241344025492103.nx-upload")

There was one build in the job when the upload finished successfully. There are also other jobs which also deploy artifacts without problems. The only thing that might be a little suspicious is a long upload time in some cases, especially when an artifact is big (>50MB). From what I have found it may be caused by some time out during uploading. Am I correct? Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Mikolaj Menke

Re: Problem with uploading an artifact

Rich Seddon
I can't see the full error in the client log snippet, but it seems that the client was writing bits and received some sort of error.

The error in the nexus log says that the file stream was closed unexpectedly during the upload.

Is there a reverse proxy in front of Nexus? If so, check its logs, it may be configured to limit the size of requests.

Rich