Pretty-printing/compressing HTML in post-site phase

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pretty-printing/compressing HTML in post-site phase

Andreas Sewe-2
Hi all,

are there any plugins that can be used to prettify or compress the
output of Doxia/the maven-site-plugin in the post-site phase? I found
Kathryn Huxtable's htmlfilter-site-maven-plugin, but that only seems to
be able fix ("tidy") malformed HTML.

I remember reading somewhere that Doxia itself deliberatly ignores the
issue of pretty-printing; instead, it defers this to other plugins.
Alas, I wasn't able to find such a plugin. Any pointers?

Best wishes,

Andreas

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pretty-printing/compressing HTML in post-site phase

Manos Batsis
On 05/31/2011 04:06 PM, Andreas Sewe wrote:
> are there any plugins that can be used to prettify or compress the
> output of Doxia/the maven-site-plugin in the post-site phase? I found
> Kathryn Huxtable's htmlfilter-site-maven-plugin, but that only seems to
> be able fix ("tidy") malformed HTML.


I'd probably try to add a new configuration parameter to the above
plugin (tidy supports pretty printing). You can of course run tidy/jtidy
or a pretty print script (e.g. an XSLT) by hooking up antrun to the
post-site phase.

Cheers,

Manos

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pretty-printing/compressing HTML in post-site phase

Kathryn Huxtable
In reply to this post by Andreas Sewe-2
My purpose in writing htmlfilter-site-maven-plugin was to better incorporate docbkx-tools output into Doxia-generated output.

Not sure what might help.

-K

On May 31, 2011, at 8:06 AM, Andreas Sewe wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> are there any plugins that can be used to prettify or compress the output of Doxia/the maven-site-plugin in the post-site phase? I found Kathryn Huxtable's htmlfilter-site-maven-plugin, but that only seems to be able fix ("tidy") malformed HTML.
>
> I remember reading somewhere that Doxia itself deliberatly ignores the issue of pretty-printing; instead, it defers this to other plugins. Alas, I wasn't able to find such a plugin. Any pointers?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Andreas
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pretty-printing/compressing HTML in post-site phase

Andreas Sewe-2
Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
> My purpose in writing htmlfilter-site-maven-plugin was to better incorporate docbkx-tools output into Doxia-generated output.

Yes, that seems to be the rationale for the maven-tidy-plugin
<http://docbook-utils.sourceforge.net/maven-tidy-plugin_1.0/> as well,
although this plugin seems to allow one to configure JTidy.
Unfortunately, it is not available in central. :-(

Best wishes,

Andreas

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pretty-printing/compressing HTML in post-site phase

Kathryn Huxtable
On Jun 1, 2011, at 9:54 AM, Andreas Sewe wrote:

> Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
>> My purpose in writing htmlfilter-site-maven-plugin was to better incorporate docbkx-tools output into Doxia-generated output.
>
> Yes, that seems to be the rationale for the maven-tidy-plugin <http://docbook-utils.sourceforge.net/maven-tidy-plugin_1.0/> as well, although this plugin seems to allow one to configure JTidy. Unfortunately, it is not available in central. :-(

Mine is available on my github site (http://github.com/khuxtable/htmlfilter-site-maven-plugin) and you could clone it and modify it. It uses JTidy, so you could strip out the stuff you didn't want and change the JTidy configs. It's Apache licensed, so no worries.

-K
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]