Plugins are not getting inherited

Peter Lamby
Hi everyone,

I have the following parent pom:
https://github.com/Serranya/de.serra.parent/tree/wtf (notice the wtf branch)

And the following child pom:
https://github.com/Serranya/de.serra.rocker-for-takes-maven-plugin/tree/wtf
(again wtf branch)

When I execute `mvn verify` on the parent pom the plugins
(spotbugs,checkstyle,failsafe,...) specified in the build section get
executed as expected.

But when I execute `mvn verify` in the child pom they don't get executed.
Somehow it seems like the plugins don't get inherited.

What confuses me additionally is the following:

I added a profile called "hack" to the parent. It contains the same plugins
as the build section. Just in a profile this time. When I execute the child
with `mvn verify -Phack` the inheritance works as expected.

I thought that the plugins specifed in build should get inherited. What am
I missing?

Re: Plugins are not getting inherited

Peter Lamby
Solved it,

the flatten-maven-plugin was removing the build section.