Quantcast

Plugin deployment problems

Mark Hobson
Hi there,

I've been updating my environment to release the Checkstyle plugin and
am having problems even deploying a snapshot.  I've configured
settings.xml as specified [1] but still get:

[INFO] Error deploying artifact: Authorization failed: Access denied
to: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100916.173741-5.jar

I've used the same credentials that are in my settings.xml for
apache.snapshots.https to successfully log into Apache's Nexus.  Is
there anything I'm missing?

Cheers,

Mark

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#settings

Re: Plugin deployment problems

Mark Hobson
Any ideas on this one?  It's blocking me from releasing the
maven-checkstyle-plugin which I'd like to do ASAP.

Mark

On 16 September 2010 18:44, Mark Hobson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've been updating my environment to release the Checkstyle plugin and
> am having problems even deploying a snapshot.  I've configured
> settings.xml as specified [1] but still get:
>
> [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Authorization failed: Access denied
> to: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100916.173741-5.jar
>
> I've used the same credentials that are in my settings.xml for
> apache.snapshots.https to successfully log into Apache's Nexus.  Is
> there anything I'm missing?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#settings

Re: Plugin deployment problems

Jason van Zyl-2
We switched over to using LDAP a while back so I don't when you last deployed. You might have to reset your LDAP password.

On Sep 17, 2010, at 1:17 PM, Mark Hobson wrote:

> Any ideas on this one?  It's blocking me from releasing the
> maven-checkstyle-plugin which I'd like to do ASAP.
>
> Mark
>
> On 16 September 2010 18:44, Mark Hobson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I've been updating my environment to release the Checkstyle plugin and
>> am having problems even deploying a snapshot.  I've configured
>> settings.xml as specified [1] but still get:
>>
>> [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Authorization failed: Access denied
>> to: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100916.173741-5.jar
>>
>> I've used the same credentials that are in my settings.xml for
>> apache.snapshots.https to successfully log into Apache's Nexus.  Is
>> there anything I'm missing?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#settings

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

 -- Unknown

Re: Plugin deployment problems

Anders Hammar
But he could log into the Apache Nexus instance through the UI, so that
can't be the case.
Mark, are you sure the server id in settings.xml match the id of the repo
(e.i. "apache.snapshots.https")? Is the password encrypted?

/Anders

On 17 September 2010 19:41, Anders Hammar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But he could log into the Apache Nexus instance through the UI, so that
> can't be the case.
> Mark, are you sure the server id in settings.xml match the id of the repo
> (e.i. "apache.snapshots.https")? Is the password encrypted?

As sure as I can be as it is encrypted.  I can try without encryption
just to make sure that isn't causing problems.

Mark

Re: Plugin deployment problems

Anders Hammar
That's what I would do. Start with a simple setup and when that works add
the encryption.

/Anders

On 17 September 2010 21:38, Anders Hammar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That's what I would do. Start with a simple setup and when that works add
> the encryption.

I still get a 403 when using no password encryption.  I've also tried
using the httpclient wagon provider but to no avail:

[INFO] [deploy:deploy {execution: default-deploy}]
[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from apache.snapshots.https
[DEBUG] Using Wagon implementation httpclient from default mapping for
protocol https
[DEBUG] Checking for pre-existing User-Agent configuration.
[DEBUG] Adding User-Agent configuration.
[DEBUG] Connecting to repository: 'apache.snapshots.https' with url:
'https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots'.
[DEBUG] Using Wagon implementation httpclient from default mapping for
protocol https
[DEBUG] Using Wagon implementation httpclient from default mapping for
protocol https
[DEBUG] Checking for pre-existing User-Agent configuration.
[DEBUG] Adding User-Agent configuration.
[DEBUG] not adding permissions to wagon connection
Uploading: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100920.100436-5.jar
[DEBUG] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100920.100436-5.jar
- Status code: 403
[DEBUG] Using Wagon implementation httpclient from default mapping for
protocol https
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error deploying artifact: Authorization failed: Access denied
to: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100920.100436-5.jar

[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error
deploying artifact: Authorization failed: Access denied to:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100920.100436-5.jar
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:719)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error
deploying artifact: Authorization failed: Access denied to:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100920.100436-5.jar
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.deploy.DeployMojo.execute(DeployMojo.java:189)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.ArtifactDeploymentException:
Error deploying artifact: Authorization failed: Access denied to:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100920.100436-5.jar
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.DefaultArtifactDeployer.deploy(DefaultArtifactDeployer.java:121)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.deploy.DeployMojo.execute(DeployMojo.java:156)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException:
Authorization failed: Access denied to:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100920.100436-5.jar
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putRemoteFile(DefaultWagonManager.java:352)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putArtifact(DefaultWagonManager.java:227)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.DefaultArtifactDeployer.deploy(DefaultArtifactDeployer.java:107)
        ... 20 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.authorization.AuthorizationException:
Access denied to:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100920.100436-5.jar
        at org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.put(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:360)
        at org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.put(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:280)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putRemoteFile(DefaultWagonManager.java:317)
        ... 22 more

Any other ideas?  Again, I can log into the Nexus UI fine with the
same password.  My settings.xml has the same credentials under server
'apache.snapshots.https'.  My username is 'markh' if that helps.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Plugin deployment problems

Anders Hammar
I'd say you don't have permission to deploy (snapshots) to m-checkstyle-p.
You need to get someone to verify this for you.

/Anders

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:15, Mark Hobson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> Access denied to:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/2.6-SNAPSHOT/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6-20100920.100436-5.jar
>        at
> org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.put(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:360)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.put(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:280)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putRemoteFile(DefaultWagonManager.java:317)
>        ... 22 more
>
> Any other ideas?  Again, I can log into the Nexus UI fine with the
> same password.  My settings.xml has the same credentials under server
> 'apache.snapshots.https'.  My username is 'markh' if that helps.

mgainty

Hi Mark

did you add repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots repository to your list of proxied repositories in your ./.m2/settings.xml
http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.2.1/maven-settings/settings.html

?
Martin

On 20 September 2010 13:01, Martin Gainty <[hidden email]> wrote:
> did you add repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots repository to your list of proxied repositories in your ./.m2/settings.xml
> http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.2.1/maven-settings/settings.html

I haven't got any proxy elements in my settings.xml, just server ones
as detailed in:
http://maven.apache.org/developers/committer-settings.html

Mark

On 20 September 2010 13:00, Anders Hammar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd say you don't have permission to deploy (snapshots) to m-checkstyle-p.
> You need to get someone to verify this for you.

Strange, I successfully released 2.4 about a year ago, but the
infrastructure has changed somewhat since then.

Can anyone be so kind to check my permissions please?  I do hope I'm
not missing something obvious here.

Mark

Re: Plugin deployment problems

Anders Hammar
I'm kind of thinking that Jason was right when he said that the switch to
ldap could have caused this...

/Anders

On 20 September 2010 14:20, Anders Hammar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm kind of thinking that Jason was right when he said that the switch to
> ldap could have caused this...

Not sure if it's related, but I couldn't add my new PGP key to KEYS [1] either:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response
to CHECKOUT request for
'/repos/asf/!svn/ver/941720/maven/project/KEYS'

Mark

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/project/KEYS

Re: Plugin deployment problems

Benjamin Bentmann
Mark Hobson wrote:

> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden)

I don't see your user id among [0] and the Maven Parent POM says your
role is emeritus, that explains it I guess.

Two months back, there was some cleanup of the groups. Maybe you fall
through and didn't get a mail when your status was changed.

Benjamin

[0] http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#maven

On 20 September 2010 15:12, Benjamin Bentmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't see your user id among [0] and the Maven Parent POM says your role
> is emeritus, that explains it I guess.
>
> Two months back, there was some cleanup of the groups. Maybe you fall
> through and didn't get a mail when your status was changed.

Oh no!  You're right, Brian demoted me back in July; that'll teach me
for getting caught up with work.  Do I have to do anything special to
get reinstated?

Just curious: the glossary [1] states, "Emeritus status indicates
interest but not activity", so does that mean lack of activity doesn't
necessarily imply emeritus status?

Mark

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html

Re: Plugin deployment problems

Wendy Smoak
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Mark Hobson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oh no!  You're right, Brian demoted me back in July; that'll teach me
> for getting caught up with work.  Do I have to do anything special to
> get reinstated?

(If Brian hasn't seen this thread and done it already,) send an email
to the PMC list private@ and ask to be reinstated.

--
Wendy

On 20 September 2010 16:43, Wendy Smoak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> (If Brian hasn't seen this thread and done it already,) send an email
> to the PMC list private@ and ask to be reinstated.

Sent, thanks.

Mark

Re: Plugin deployment problems

Brian Fox-2
I'm at JavaOne this week so I didn't see this until know. You're back
in the group now.

On 21 September 2010 04:45, Brian Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm at JavaOne this week so I didn't see this until know. You're back
> in the group now.

Great, thanks Brian, all working now.

Mark