POM file downloaded by Maven different than what was deployed.

POM file downloaded by Maven different than what was deployed.

Justin Georgeson

I’ve already emailed jFrog to see if it’s on the Artifactory end but I get the right file when I download it with anything other than Maven. Wanted to cover my bases for fast resolution by checking here too.

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

pom.xml (3K) Download Attachment

Re: POM file downloaded by Maven different than what was deployed.

Wayne Fay
> I have a parent pom deployed to Artifactory (3.9.3), which when downloaded
> into local Maven repo by Maven itself (3.2.5, as a normal part of the Maven
> build lifecycle), is not the same as what is deployed. If I download the

Maybe also try watching/capturing the network traffic to confirm what
is being received by the Maven process on your local machine...?

Wayne

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: POM file downloaded by Maven different than what was deployed.

Justin Georgeson
Good idea. The wireshark packet reassembly suggests that it's the 'magic' is happening on the server side. So will have to wait for reply from jFrog.

Just found this

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/tycho-user/msg02463.html

Turns out it's a configurable behavior when using Artifactory's virtual repository feature. After disabling that it's working.

Cool! Thanks for confirming the network sniffing worked, and also that
Artifactory was to "blame." Now future Maven Users who run into this
may (hopefully) find your message when they run into the same trouble.

Wayne