PMC change explanation?

PMC change explanation? – Is there a forthcoming explanation for a seemingly Maven PMC shakeup? I find it odd that consistently excellent contributors such as Lukas, Bria...
Jeff, I believe this strictly falls within the purview of the Apache Board to explain. In particular Jim, Doug and Shane. Only the board ha...
For many months the board has been asking the Maven project to obtain proper attribution from Sonatype for Apache's "Maven" trademark. ...
Doug, this is only part of the story but if we are strictly talking about trademarks here then people should understand what that discussion is ab...
On 06/17/2011 03:03 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote: > What Sonatype was seeking was the use of "Maven Central" as a service > mark in v...
The bottom line is that this is likely easy to resolve very quickly. A call between a representative Apache board member, a Sonatype representativ...
The below shows that you are extremely out of touch regarding what has been going on. As such, I have no problems with ignoring it. On Jun 17...
Jim, Your misunderstanding of someone else's point of view and dismissing it out of hand without any further discussion is what got us here in ...
Jason, all I can say in response is that I am impressed with both your reinterpretation of history as well as the size of your stugots in someho...
On Jun 17, 2011, at 11:02 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote: > Jason, all I can say in response is that I am impressed with > both your reinterp...
Jason, Your synopsis is pretty much complete and total hogwash. Except for the board action, the PMC has been very, very involved for quite a ...
As an introduction to those here in Maven land, I'm the VP of Brand Management at the Apache Software Foundation, and I and my officer's commi...
Jason, please stop confusing the issue. In both cases you mention below, the PMCs have been very VERY involved in tracking ALL trademark issues,...
Jim, just get on the phone and sort it out. It's not that hard. On Jun 17, 2011, at 9:09 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote: > Jason, please stop co...
Not sure what there is to "sort out"... But of course, you are also welcome to get on the phone and sort it out as well. On Jun 17,...
Email coming your way. On Jun 17, 2011, at 9:44 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote: > Not sure what there is to "sort out"... But of cours...
Jason! I bet you are well aware that the PMC is actively working on an MOU since a few weeks. (I even was roughly walking thru the draft with a S...
On Jun 17, 2011, at 9:46 AM, Mark Struberg wrote: > Jason! > > I bet you are well aware that the PMC is actively working on an MO...
Jason, the board has not leaked the information, so rest assured it was not from us. Also rest assured that no one questions Sonatypes committme...
On Jun 17, 2011, at 7:36 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote: > Jason, the board has not leaked the information, so rest assured > it was not from...
FWIW, I'm glad the PMC has had the chance to participate in saying what it wants in the MOU with Sonatype. Unfortunately, such participation has...
I find it somewhat bewildering that there is no post of the vote or the results on the dev and users mailing lists I can see. Nor does the web s...
RE: PMC change explanation? – Good Afternoon Manfred from my understanding the maven hierarchy looks like: JASON (aka god) ...
Re: PMC change explanation? – Martin, I don't think that your message helps anyone here. Jason's email is a very gracious acknowledgement of the governance of the Apache So...
RE: PMC change explanation? – granted..maybe im old fashioned but I believe the person who created the project *should* have a say operating under the assumption "eve...
Re: PMC change explanation? – On Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:36:45 PM Martin Gainty wrote: > granted..maybe im old fashioned but I believe the person who created the > pr...
Yeah, Jason is a standup guy and that didn't come off very well at all. Whatever is going on I wouldn't worry too much about maven in general. ...
Hm... sure Jason had and still has lots of influence. But so does Linus and so do other BDFL's. Imho the Maven project has tons of good people i...
Just to make a couple of things clear, that weren't stated elsewhere in the thread: On 16/06/2011, at 11:42 PM, Jeff Jensen wrote: > It's...
Only speaking for myself, I would like to stress that I stepped back from the PMC for purely personal reasons. Though it certainly facilitat...