PKIX path building error with Azul ZULU Open JDK 14

PKIX path building error with Azul ZULU Open JDK 14

Raghavendra Chilakalapudi (rchilakalapu)
Hi,

Query :
I am using Azul Zulu Open JDK (14.0)  and planning to integrate with Maven.
But getting following error when running mvn command for archetype plugin :

PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.

Do I need to add anything specific in settings.xml for resolve this certification issue?

Could you please help me out to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Raghavendra CH

Re: PKIX path building error with Azul ZULU Open JDK 14

Michael Osipov-2
Am 2020-06-15 um 14:54 schrieb Raghavendra Chilakalapudi (rchilakalapu):

> Hi,
>
> Query :
> I am using Azul Zulu Open JDK (14.0)  and planning to integrate with Maven.
> But getting following error when running mvn command for archetype plugin :
>
> PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.
>
> Do I need to add anything specific in settings.xml for resolve this certification issue?
>
> Could you please help me out to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

This is not Maven problem. Add your CA to cacerts.

Re: PKIX path building error with Azul ZULU Open JDK 14

Raghavendra Chilakalapudi (rchilakalapu)
Thanks for the reply.
When I add the maven certificate to JRE certs, its working fine.
But every time there is change at maven side, I need to add the certification again.
Is there anything we can add to the setttings?

Thanks,
Raghavendra CH

On 2020/06/16 09:23:19, Michael Osipov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Am 2020-06-15 um 14:54 schrieb Raghavendra Chilakalapudi (rchilakalapu):>
> > Hi,>
> > >
> > Query :>
> > I am using Azul Zulu Open JDK (14.0)  and planning to integrate with Maven.>
> > But getting following error when running mvn command for archetype plugin :>
> > >
> > PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.>

> > Do I need to add anything specific in settings.xml for resolve this certification issue?>
> > >
> > Could you please help me out to resolve the issue as soon as possible.>
>
> This is not Maven problem. Add your CA to cacerts.>

> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]>

Re: PKIX path building error with Azul ZULU Open JDK 14

Thorsten Heit
Hi,
> When I add the maven certificate to JRE certs, its working fine.
> But every time there is change at maven side, I need to add the certification again.
> Is there anything we can add to the setttings?

This has nothing do to with Maven, but with your Java installation.
I assume you're working in a corporate environment that uses its own PKI
with its own (root) certificates.

Java normally doesn't use the certificates provided by your OS, but
instead has its own certificate store (the already mentioned cacerts
file that is contained in your Java installation).

Therefore you have to manually add your company PKI certs to the Java
installation to get rid of the PKIX path building error...

Again, this has nothing to do with Maven and changes as the Mave side
you mentioned (whatever this is).

HTH

Thorsten

Re: PKIX path building error with Azul ZULU Open JDK 14

Bernd Eckenfels
Hello,

Are you talking about Maven Central, are private Repo or maybe some Proxy certificate? Normally the default cacerts trust Store contains a root certificate which is used by Maven central (and other public sites). For a Repo with company certificate you normally add the company root ca once.

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net