Overriding dependencyManagement import version?

Overriding dependencyManagement import version?

Dan Tran
Hi

I believe in order to do so, I need to place my override above the import,
do we have this maven behavior documented somewhere?

<dependencyManagement>
   <dependencies>
      <dependency>
         [mine]
      <dependency>
      <dependency>
         [the import BOM]
      <dependency>
   <depencencies>

Thanks

-D

Re: Overriding dependencyManagement import version?

Dan Tran
found this  ref
https://github.com/sormuras/junit-platform-maven-plugin/issues/29#issuecomment-456958188

Need maven core devs to confirm this

Thanks

-D

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 1:08 PM Dan Tran <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I believe in order to do so, I need to place my override above the import,
> do we have this maven behavior documented somewhere?
>
> <dependencyManagement>
>    <dependencies>
>       <dependency>
>          [mine]
>       <dependency>
>       <dependency>
>          [the import BOM]
>       <dependency>
>    <depencencies>
>
> Thanks
>
> -D

Re: Overriding dependencyManagement import version?

Dan Tran
@khmarbaise <https://github.com/khmarbaise>  from  junit issue,  you
mentioned about placing your 'import' above spring boot import, what about
the individual artifact?

-D