Other scms...

Ryan Daum-2
I know there are more SCM providers than what's on the trunk there -- what happened to the Mercurial provider (maven-scm-provider-hg) which I submitted patches to months ago and I was told was transferred to the SVN sandbox repository? See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-230 ...

Is there a document on the process involved in getting an SCM provider out into official distribution?  From my experience, commenting and submitting patches via JIRA doesn't seem to do it, as this work was submitted many months ago and seems to have been ignored :-)

Ryan

On 4/3/07, Mike Perham <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not aware of any.  If it's not here, it doesn't exist.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/scm/trunk/maven-scm-providers/

--
Ryan Daum
[hidden email]
Senior Developer, Toronto
647.724.5232 x 2073

Re: Other scms...

Mike Perham-3-3
Ah, right.  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/sandbox/trunk/scm/

But until it graduates from the sandbox, it's not integrated into the
release plugin, etc and so isn't terribly useful to the community at
large.  That's what I meant by "it doesn't exist", i.e. most people
can't use it.

mike

On 4/3/07, Ryan Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know there are more SCM providers than what's on the trunk there -- what
> happened to the Mercurial provider (maven-scm-provider-hg) which I submitted
> patches to months ago and I was told was transferred to the SVN sandbox
> repository? See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-230 ...
>
> Is there a document on the process involved in getting an SCM provider out
> into official distribution?  From my experience, commenting and submitting
> patches via JIRA doesn't seem to do it, as this work was submitted many
> months ago and seems to have been ignored :-)
>
> Ryan
>

> On 4/3/07, Mike Perham <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm not aware of any.  If it's not here, it doesn't exist.
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/scm/trunk/maven-scm-providers/
> >

> > On 4/3/07, Tim Reilly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Can anyone tell me what the state of PVCS integration is.
> > > I recall some discussions a while ago that a provider for PVCS was in
> the
> > > works?
> > >

> --
> Ryan Daum
> [hidden email]
> Senior Developer, Toronto
> 647.724.5232 x 2073

Re: Other scms...

Ryan Daum-2
What is the procedure for graduating from sandbox?

Ryan

--
Ryan Daum
[hidden email]
Senior Developer, Toronto
647.724.5232 x 2073

Re: Other scms...

Emmanuel Venisse-2
They need to be updated with latest code of maven-scm-api.

Emmanuel

Ryan Daum a écrit :

> What is the procedure for graduating from sandbox?
>
> Ryan
>
> On 4/4/07, *Mike Perham* <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
>
>     Ah, right.  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/sandbox/trunk/scm/
>     <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/sandbox/trunk/scm/>
>
>     But until it graduates from the sandbox, it's not integrated into the
>     release plugin, etc and so isn't terribly useful to the community at
>     large.  That's what I meant by "it doesn't exist", i.e. most people
>     can't use it.
>
>     mike
>
>     On 4/3/07, Ryan Daum <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>      > I know there are more SCM providers than what's on the trunk
>     there -- what
>      > happened to the Mercurial provider (maven-scm-provider-hg) which
>     I submitted
>      > patches to months ago and I was told was transferred to the SVN
>     sandbox
>      > repository? See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-230 ...
>      >
>      > Is there a document on the process involved in getting an SCM
>     provider out
>      > into official distribution?  From my experience, commenting and
>     submitting
>      > patches via JIRA doesn't seem to do it, as this work was
>     submitted many
>      > months ago and seems to have been ignored :-)
>      >
>      > Ryan
>      >
>      >
>      > On 4/3/07, Mike Perham < [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>      > > I'm not aware of any.  If it's not here, it doesn't exist.
>      > >
>      > >
>      > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/scm/trunk/maven-scm-providers/
>      > >
>      > >
>      > > On 4/3/07, Tim Reilly <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>      > > > Can anyone tell me what the state of PVCS integration is.
>      > > > I recall some discussions a while ago that a provider for
>     PVCS was in
>      > the
>      > > > works?
>      > > >
>      > > >
>      > > >
>      > >
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > --
>      > Ryan Daum
>      > Senior Developer, Toronto
>      > 647.724.5232 x 2073
>

> --
> Ryan Daum
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Senior Developer, Toronto
> 647.724.5232 x 2073

Re: Other scms...

Emmanuel Venisse-2
et tested of course ;)

Emmanuel

Emmanuel Venisse a écrit :

> [...]
>>      > >
>>      > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/scm/trunk/maven-scm-providers/
>>      > >
>>      > >
>>      > > On 4/3/07, Tim Reilly <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>      > > > Can anyone tell me what the state of PVCS integration is.
>>      > > > I recall some discussions a while ago that a provider for
>>     PVCS was in
>>      > the
>>      > > > works?
>>      > > >
>>      > > >
>>      > > >
>>      > >
>>      >
>>      >
>>      >
>>      > --
>>      > Ryan Daum
>>      > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Other scms...

Ryan Daum-2
When I committed maven-scm-provider-hg it passed all unit tests.

When you say latest code of maven-scm-api, this is what is in the trunk of the SVN repository?  If I can get it to build and pass tests there, can it graduate to being submitted to the trunk?  If so, what Maven release will it come out as part of?

Ryan

On 4/4/07, Emmanuel Venisse <[hidden email]> wrote:
et tested of course ;)

Emmanuel

--
Ryan Daum
[hidden email]
Senior Developer, Toronto
647.724.5232 x 2073

Re: Other scms...

Emmanuel Venisse-2

Ryan Daum a écrit :
> When I committed maven-scm-provider-hg it passed all unit tests.

cool.

> When you say latest code of maven-scm-api, this is what is in the trunk
> of the SVN repository?  If I can get it to build and pass tests there,
> can it graduate to being submitted to the trunk?  If so, what Maven
> release will it come out as part of?

If you update it, I'll move it to trunk.
Maven-SCM isn't part of Maven but it is used alone with the scm plugin or by release plugin, changelog plugin and Continuum.

We'll release Maven-SCM 1.0-beta-5 next week. If your provider isn't there, it will be in the next version.

Emmanuel