Open source development survey results

Brian Fox
 Our 4th Annual Open Source Development survey results are in. Over 3300 of you provided your views on the state of open source development. Thank you!

I’ll be hosting a live webinar with Adrian Lane where we will both share our developer and security perspectives of the results. The webinar is on June 18th at 1pm ET / 10 PT.

http://go.sonatype.com/20140618-Survey-Webinar

The combined development and security perspective is an interesting new twist this year that I think you’ll find valuable. Here’s an early sneak peek of the results:

  • 67% are using a local open source component repository
  • 56% have an open source policy (up from 43% last year)
  • 77% had never banned an open source component

Hope to see you there!

Re: Open source development survey results

Manfred Moser-4

And if you missed it you can wat h the recording now available on our blog at

http://bit.ly/OpenSource14

Manfred