NullPointerException in maven-jlink-plugin

NullPointerException in maven-jlink-plugin

Thorsten Heit-3
Hello,

I tried to use maven-jlink-plugin to create a modular Java runtime image
for an internal application. I've followed the description in the docs,
but finally got a NullPointeException during execution of "mvn package";
the same error as in MJLINK-41.
Version 3.0.0-alpha-1 was release september 2017, and since then there
were a couple of changes in the project. Is a new release planned / in the
making?
Or is there a possible workaround / fix for the NPE?

Regards

Thorsten

Re: NullPointerException in maven-jlink-plugin

On 16.03.20 15:50, Thorsten Heit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to use maven-jlink-plugin to create a modular Java runtime image
> for an internal application. I've followed the description in the docs,
> but finally got a NullPointeException during execution of "mvn package";
> the same error as in MJLINK-41.

Do you have an example project which shows the behaviour?

> Version 3.0.0-alpha-1 was release september 2017, and since then there
> were a couple of changes in the project. Is a new release planned / in the
> making?

I hope I will time within the next weeks to get another release for
it..yeah it's long time ago...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

> Or is there a possible workaround / fix for the NPE?
>

> Regards
>
> Thorsten

Re: Re: NullPointerException in maven-jlink-plugin

Thorsten Heit-3

> On 16.03.20 15:50, Thorsten Heit wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I tried to use maven-jlink-plugin to create a modular Java runtime
image
> > for an internal application. I've followed the description in the
docs,
> > but finally got a NullPointeException during execution of "mvn
package";
> > the same error as in MJLINK-41.
>
> Do you have an example project which shows the behaviour?

Unfortunately I don't have an example project at hand to show.
In the meantime I cloned the source code and installed into  my local
$HOME. With that snapshow version my project now works (apart from some
other errors during jlink, but they are on my side).

> I hope I will time within the next weeks to get another release for
> it..yeah it's long time ago...

+1 :-)

Are there things on the to-do list that need some helping hand?

Regards

Thorsten