Quantcast

Nexus OSS 2.0.3 and Eclipse P2 Repository?

Nexus OSS 2.0.3 and Eclipse P2 Repository?

Barrie Treloar
Is is possible to create an Eclipse P2 Repository Proxy in Nexus OSS 2.0.3?

The only options I have for a Proxy are the providers Maven2 and Maven1.

I'm attempting to mirror the eclipse download site for both internal
Eclipse IDE updates and the Eclipse RCP P2 site creation.
I'll need to also work out how to create an internal P2 site for
deployment of released Eclipse RCP P2 artifacts as well.

Cheers
Barrie

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Richard Seddon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You can find more information here:
>
> https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Nexus/Nexus+OSGi+Experimental+Features+-+P2+Repository+Plugin

Thanks, I managed to get everything installed.
I've posted comments on what extra steps I needed to do to get it to
work. (Unfortunately anonymously as password reset was cycling on the
captchas)

Wont be able to test for sure until we get our firewall and proxy
reconfigured to allow the sites we need.

Re: Nexus OSS 2.0.3 and Eclipse P2 Repository?

Lars Fischer-3
2012/4/2 Barrie Treloar <[hidden email]>:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Richard Seddon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You can find more information here:
>>
>> https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Nexus/Nexus+OSGi+Experimental+Features+-+P2+Repository+Plugin
>
> Thanks, I managed to get everything installed.
> I've posted comments on what extra steps I needed to do to get it to
> work.

No need to do these extra steps. There is a complete .zip, which
contains all dependencies:
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/sonatype/nexus/plugins/nexus-p2-bridge-plugin/2.0.2/nexus-p2-bridge-plugin-2.0.2-bundle.zip

Regards,
Lars

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Lars Fischer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2012/4/2 Barrie Treloar <[hidden email]>:
>> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Richard Seddon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> You can find more information here:
>>>
>>> https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Nexus/Nexus+OSGi+Experimental+Features+-+P2+Repository+Plugin
>>
>> Thanks, I managed to get everything installed.
>> I've posted comments on what extra steps I needed to do to get it to
>> work.
>
> No need to do these extra steps. There is a complete .zip, which
> contains all dependencies:
> http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/sonatype/nexus/plugins/nexus-p2-bridge-plugin/2.0.2/nexus-p2-bridge-plugin-2.0.2-bundle.zip

Then the wiki page needs to be updated to reference the zip file
directly instead of
https://repository.sonatype.org/index.html#nexus-search;quick~nexus-p2-bridge-plugin
And perhaps to indicate to grab the zip file and not the jar.
As someone clueless like me got confused :)