Newbie: configuring Doxia APT-to-XHTML conversion with nested section blocks?

Newbie: configuring Doxia APT-to-XHTML conversion with nested section blocks?

Ramon Felciano
Hi --

I'm new to Doxia and am trying to write some APT-based documentation
for a new project. I'd like the resulting documentation to be in XHTML
and to use CSS to configure heading numbering in legal outline format
(1. Section, 1.1 First subsection, 1.2 Second subsection, 1.2.1 A
sub-subsection, etc).

CSS2.1 can handle this if the XHTML document structure matches the
outline. That is, subsections are embedded within sections,
sub-subsections within subsections, etc. The XHTML generated by doxia
places these sections adjacent to each other, rather than embedding
them.

Currently, the generated XHTML looks something like this:

    <h1>My heading</h1>
    my text
    <h2>First subsection<h2>
    more text
    <h2>Second subsection<h2>
    more text

What I'd like is for the two subsections above to be enclosed in the
parent section:

    <h1>My heading</h1>
    my text
    <h2>First subsection<h2>
    more text
    <h2>Second subsection<h2>
    more text

Any suggestions?

Ramon

Re: Newbie: configuring Doxia APT-to-XHTML conversion with nested section blocks?

Lukas Theussl-4

How are you using doxia (via maven site plugin?) and what version exactly? I
believe Doxia 1.1 already handles sections the way you want it.

-Lukas

Ramon Felciano wrote:

> Hi --
>
> I'm new to Doxia and am trying to write some APT-based documentation
> for a new project. I'd like the resulting documentation to be in XHTML
> and to use CSS to configure heading numbering in legal outline format
> (1. Section, 1.1 First subsection, 1.2 Second subsection, 1.2.1 A
> sub-subsection, etc).
>
> CSS2.1 can handle this if the XHTML document structure matches the
> outline. That is, subsections are embedded within sections,
> sub-subsections within subsections, etc. The XHTML generated by doxia
> places these sections adjacent to each other, rather than embedding
> them.
>
> Currently, the generated XHTML looks something like this:

>     <h1>My heading</h1>
>     my text
>     <h2>First subsection<h2>
>     more text
>     <h2>Second subsection<h2>
>     more text
>
> What I'd like is for the two subsections above to be enclosed in the
> parent section:

>     <h1>My heading</h1>
>     my text
>     <h2>First subsection<h2>
>     more text
>     <h2>Second subsection<h2>
>     more text
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Ramon

Re: Newbie: configuring Doxia APT-to-XHTML conversion with nested section blocks?

Ramon Felciano
Yes, I'm using doxia via maven 2.2.1. Is there a different version I
should look at?

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Lukas Theussl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How are you using doxia (via maven site plugin?) and what version exactly? I
> believe Doxia 1.1 already handles sections the way you want it.
>
> -Lukas
>

> Ramon Felciano wrote:
>>
>> Hi --
>>
>> I'm new to Doxia and am trying to write some APT-based documentation
>> for a new project. I'd like the resulting documentation to be in XHTML
>> and to use CSS to configure heading numbering in legal outline format
>> (1. Section, 1.1 First subsection, 1.2 Second subsection, 1.2.1 A
>> sub-subsection, etc).
>>
>> CSS2.1 can handle this if the XHTML document structure matches the
>> outline. That is, subsections are embedded within sections,
>> sub-subsections within subsections, etc. The XHTML generated by doxia
>> places these sections adjacent to each other, rather than embedding
>> them.
>>
>> Currently, the generated XHTML looks something like this:

>>    <h1>My heading</h1>
>>    my text
>>    <h2>First subsection<h2>
>>    more text
>>    <h2>Second subsection<h2>
>>    more text
>>
>> What I'd like is for the two subsections above to be enclosed in the
>> parent section:

>>    <h1>My heading</h1>
>>    my text
>>    <h2>First subsection<h2>
>>    more text
>>    <h2>Second subsection<h2>
>>    more text
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Ramon

Re: Newbie: configuring Doxia APT-to-XHTML conversion with nested section blocks?

Lukas Theussl-4

All published versions of the site-plugin use doxia 1.0.x. You could try to use
site-plugin-2.1-SNAPSHOT, that includes doxia-1.1 (and let us know if it works or
not, the new site plugin should be released soon!).

HTH,
-Lukas