New branch SUREFIRE-1363 to prove

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

New branch SUREFIRE-1363 to prove

Tibor Digana
Hi,

I have one branch [1] for approval, SUREFIRE-1363.
Currently finished the local build successfully.

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-surefire.git;a=commit;h=c47c6bbaf857c71a23f0623b552c0e7b7ab28b4c

The changes are only about adding annotation @Override as transition from
Java 1.5 to 1.6, and using Charset in String constructor and method
String#getBytes().
Three classes had Windows new line endings and converted them to Unix new
lines.

Cheers
Tibor
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: New branch SUREFIRE-1363 to prove

Michael Osipov-2
Am 2017-04-15 um 03:55 schrieb Tibor Digana:

> Hi,
>
> I have one branch [1] for approval, SUREFIRE-1363.
> Currently finished the local build successfully.
>
> [1]
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-surefire.git;a=commit;h=c47c6bbaf857c71a23f0623b552c0e7b7ab28b4c
>
> The changes are only about adding annotation @Override as transition from
> Java 1.5 to 1.6, and using Charset in String constructor and method
> String#getBytes().
> Three classes had Windows new line endings and converted them to Unix new
> lines.

Several issues:

*
surefire-api/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/surefire/util/CloseableIterator.java,
surefire-logger-api/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/surefire/log/api/PrintStreamLogger.java
still have Windows line endings
* I am confused why the entire system uses two different character
encodings UTF-8/US-ASCII and ISO-8859-1


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: New branch SUREFIRE-1363 to prove

Tibor Digana
>>still have Windows line endings
I will refactor these two classes to UNIX line ending.
Thx for pointing out this.

>>I am confused why the entire system uses two different character
encodings UTF-8/US-ASCII and ISO-8859-1

Class names are encoded in ASCII in byte code [1].
Right, this should not be ISO-8859-1.
Maybe historical reason.
I wanted to change this in SUREFIRE-1222, however I can do it here.
I wanted to make refactoring only.

UTF-8 is for reporting files, but I think this is bug and should be
according to ${project.reporting.outputEncoding}. I want to fix it in
SUREFIRE-1222. I have it in progress.

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jvms/se7/html/jvms-4.html




On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Michael Osipov-2 [via Maven] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 2017-04-15 um 03:55 schrieb Tibor Digana:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have one branch [1] for approval, SUREFIRE-1363.
> > Currently finished the local build successfully.
> >
> > [1]
> > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-surefire.git;a=commit;h=
> c47c6bbaf857c71a23f0623b552c0e7b7ab28b4c
> >
> > The changes are only about adding annotation @Override as transition
> from
> > Java 1.5 to 1.6, and using Charset in String constructor and method
> > String#getBytes().
> > Three classes had Windows new line endings and converted them to Unix
> new
> > lines.
>
> Several issues:
>
> *
> surefire-api/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/surefire/util/CloseableIterator.java,
>
> surefire-logger-api/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/
> surefire/log/api/PrintStreamLogger.java
> still have Windows line endings
> * I am confused why the entire system uses two different character
> encodings UTF-8/US-ASCII and ISO-8859-1
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5906230&i=0>
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5906230&i=1>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/New-branch-SUREFIRE-1363-
> to-prove-tp5906213p5906230.html
> To start a new topic under Maven Developers, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from Maven Developers, click here
> <
> .
> NAML
> <
http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>




--
View this message in context: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/New-branch-SUREFIRE-1363-to-prove-tp5906213p5906245.html
Sent from the Maven Developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Loading...