Quantcast

New annotation system

Benson Margulies
Could someone point me at a tutorial for this? We're changing shade to
depend on M3, so we might as well move it to this.

Re: New annotation system

Marc Pasteur
Hi
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Java+5+Annotations+for+Plugins?

Regards,
Marc
Le 27 juin 2012 20:45, "Benson Margulies" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Could someone point me at a tutorial for this? We're changing shade to
> depend on M3, so we might as well move it to this.

Re: New annotation system

olamy
2012/6/27 Marc Pasteur <[hidden email]>:
> Hi
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Java+5+Annotations+for+Plugins?
Yup.
We used names very similar with doclet.
You can have a look here
http://maven.apache.org/plugin-tools/maven-plugin-plugin/examples/using-annotations.html

> Regards,
> Marc
> Le 27 juin 2012 20:45, "Benson Margulies" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Could someone point me at a tutorial for this? We're changing shade to
>> depend on M3, so we might as well move it to this.

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: New annotation system

Benson Margulies
Does @component inside the javadoc map to the @Component here?

It it necessary to also have an @Parameter for read-only and required
with an @Component?

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2012/6/27 Marc Pasteur <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Java+5+Annotations+for+Plugins?
> Yup.
> We used names very similar with doclet.
> You can have a look here
> http://maven.apache.org/plugin-tools/maven-plugin-plugin/examples/using-annotations.html
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marc
>> Le 27 juin 2012 20:45, "Benson Margulies" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Could someone point me at a tutorial for this? We're changing shade to
>>> depend on M3, so we might as well move it to this.

> Olivier Lamy
> Talend: http://coders.talend.com
> http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy

Re: New annotation system

olamy
2012/6/27 Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>:
> Does @component inside the javadoc map to the @Component here?
yup :-)

> It it necessary to also have an @Parameter for read-only and required
> with an @Component?

A field can be a parameter or a component.
Maybe I miss you, you want to add both annotations to the same field ? why ?

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 2012/6/27 Marc Pasteur <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Java+5+Annotations+for+Plugins?
>> Yup.
>> We used names very similar with doclet.
>> You can have a look here
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugin-tools/maven-plugin-plugin/examples/using-annotations.html
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Marc

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Talend: http://coders.talend.com
>> http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

New plugin archetype (was: New annotation system)

Jesse Glick-2
On a related note, I think we need a new archetype for plugins; the existing maven-archetype-mojo 1.0 is out of date and not ready for annotations. Specifically needed:

1. Need a dep on maven-plugin-annotations.
2. Need to specify skipErrorNoDescriptorsFound.
3. Have to explicitly call descriptor goal - not part of default lifecycle (!).
4. Apparently need to tell maven-site-plugin to run maven-plugin-plugin.

Re: New plugin archetype (was: New annotation system)

olamy
Yup.
I will work on that.