Metadata multiplicity of maven-script-ant plugins

Metadata multiplicity of maven-script-ant plugins

Paul Benedict
I have a question based on these two references:

*)
https://maven.apache.org/plugin-tools-archives/plugin-tools-3.2/maven-plugin-plugin/examples/ant-mojo.html

*) https://books.sonatype.com/mcookbook/reference/ch04s04.html

In each reference, the reader is directed to create one xxx.build.xml and
xxx.mojos.xml where "xxx" represents the plugin name. I have done that.
However, is there an implication here that ONLY ONE plugin can be defined?
Am I able to also include a yyy.build.xml and yyy.mojos.xml?

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Metadata multiplicity of maven-script-ant plugins

mgainty

________________________________
I have a question based on these two references:

*)
https://maven.apache.org/plugin-tools-archives/plugin-tools-3.2/maven-plugin-plugin/examples/ant-mojo.html

*) https://books.sonatype.com/mcookbook/reference/ch04s04.html
<https://books.sonatype.com/mcookbook/reference/ch04s04.html>
The Maven Cookbook - Sonatype.com<https://books.sonatype.com/mcookbook/reference/ch04s04.html>
books.sonatype.com
While Maven is an improvement on Ant, Ant can still be useful when describing parts of the build process. Ant provides a set of tasks which ...

In each reference, the reader is directed to create one xxx.build.xml and
xxx.mojos.xml where "xxx" represents the plugin name. I have done that.
However, is there an implication here that ONLY ONE plugin can be defined?
Am I able to also include a yyy.build.xml and yyy.mojos.xml?

MG>parroting the referenced doc the short answer is yes you need xxx.mojos.xml and xxx.build.xml
MG>mojos.xml analogous to maven mojo plugin.xml
MG>build.xml  of course is the execution script
MG>my *one-off* question is where is the taskdef declaration?

Cheers,
Paul