Maven versions plugin check far too many versions

Maven versions plugin check far too many versions

jedrzej.dudkiewicz
When I run "mvn versions:use-latest-releases" it checks for example for
versions of the following:

[INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-ehcache: checking for updates
from central

[INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-ehcache: checking for updates
from snapshots

[INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-graphite: checking for updates
from central

[INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-graphite: checking for updates
from snapshots

The lists goes on and on and on - but the problems is that my project does
not use this dependencies - although it does include spring-parent as
dependency and these packages are declared here. Is there a way to tell the
plugin not to check for dependencies from some pom? My projects uses five
dependencies and waiting 20 minutes (!) for these checks to be complete is
an absolute waste of time.

JD

Re: Maven versions plugin check far too many versions

Matthieu BROUILLARD-3
You can filter the dependencies to look at using
https://www.mojohaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/use-latest-releases-mojo.html#includesList
.

Hope it helps.

Matthieu

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 12:47 AM <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> When I run "mvn versions:use-latest-releases" it checks for example for
> versions of the following:
>

> [INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-ehcache: checking for updates
> from central
>
> [INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-ehcache: checking for updates
> from snapshots
>
> [INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-graphite: checking for
> updates
> from central
>
> [INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-graphite: checking for
> updates
> from snapshots
>

> The lists goes on and on and on - but the problems is that my project does
> not use this dependencies - although it does include spring-parent as
> dependency and these packages are declared here. Is there a way to tell the
> plugin not to check for dependencies from some pom? My projects uses five
> dependencies and waiting 20 minutes (!) for these checks to be complete is
> an absolute waste of time.
>

> JD

Re: Maven versions plugin check far too many versions

Nick_S
As far as I know you should use use-latest-versions, which does checks if
you use the latest version of the imported pom and not the latest versions
of the imported dependencies.

With regard,

Nick Stolwijk

~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and, when
your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you
have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~

Lord Baden-Powell

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 12:10 PM Matthieu BROUILLARD <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> You can filter the dependencies to look at using
>
> https://www.mojohaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/use-latest-releases-mojo.html#includesList
> .
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Matthieu
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 12:47 AM <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > When I run "mvn versions:use-latest-releases" it checks for example for
> > versions of the following:
> >

> > [INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-ehcache: checking for
> updates
> > from central
> >
> > [INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-ehcache: checking for
> updates
> > from snapshots
> >
> > [INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-graphite: checking for
> > updates
> > from central
> >
> > [INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-graphite: checking for
> > updates
> > from snapshots
> >

> > The lists goes on and on and on - but the problems is that my project
> does
> > not use this dependencies - although it does include spring-parent as
> > dependency and these packages are declared here. Is there a way to tell
> the
> > plugin not to check for dependencies from some pom? My projects uses five
> > dependencies and waiting 20 minutes (!) for these checks to be complete
> is
> > an absolute waste of time.
> >

> > JD

RE: Maven versions plugin check far too many versions

jedrzej.dudkiewicz

Thanks, although <includesList> was not that, I was able to find <excludes> and <excludesList> thanks to information provided.

JD