Quantcast

Maven release plugin help...

Jeff
This is likely a n00b question, but I'm banging my head with no success.
I am trying to run the maven release plugin on my first mavenized project.

Our infrastructure has SVNBridge to TFS (not my choice) and I'm using the
latest TortoiseSVN 1.7.6.22632 client with command-line files.

I can use SVN to check out, commit, etc. from the command-line, Internet
Explorer, via NetBeans (using SVN client files) but when I run

    'mvn release:prepare'

or

     'mvn release:prepare -Dusername=me -Dpassword=mypassword'

from the command-line, I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.2.2:prepare (default-cli)
on project Shared: Unable to tag SCM
[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] The svn tag command failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] svn: E170001: COPY of '/!svn/bc/131514/Shared': authorization
failed: Could not authenticate to server: rejected Digest challenge

I'm not sure if I'm missing something in my POM or mvn command line or if
there is an issue with my SVN client or with SVNBridge.  SVN works for all
other activities I have been doing.

Any ideas?

--

Jeff Vincent
[hidden email]
I ♥ DropBox <http://db.tt/9O6LfBX> !!

Re: Maven release plugin help...

Jeff MAURY
This seems to be an authentication problem and is probably linked to
SVNBridge

Regards
Jeff

--
Jeff MAURY

working and scaling.
 - Bjarne Stroustrup

http://www.jeffmaury.com
http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeffmaury

Re: Maven release plugin help...

Jeff
It works everywhere else....how do I find how why?  I suspect it might be
how the Maven Release Plugin is calling SVN, but using the -e command line
option didn't provide any additional information that helps.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Jeff MAURY <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This seems to be an authentication problem and is probably linked to
> SVNBridge
>
> Regards
> Jeff
>

> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > This is likely a n00b question, but I'm banging my head with no success.
> > I am trying to run the maven release plugin on my first mavenized
> project.
> >
> > Our infrastructure has SVNBridge to TFS (not my choice) and I'm using the
> > latest TortoiseSVN 1.7.6.22632 client with command-line files.
> >
> > I can use SVN to check out, commit, etc. from the command-line, Internet
> > Explorer, via NetBeans (using SVN client files) but when I run
> >
> >    'mvn release:prepare'
> >
> > or
> >
> >     'mvn release:prepare -Dusername=me -Dpassword=mypassword'
> >
> > from the command-line, I get the following error:
> >
> > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.2.2:prepare (default-cli)
> > on project Shared: Unable to tag SCM
> > [ERROR] Provider message:
> > [ERROR] The svn tag command failed.
> > [ERROR] Command output:
> > [ERROR] svn: E170001: COPY of '/!svn/bc/131514/Shared': authorization
> > failed: Could not authenticate to server: rejected Digest challenge
> >
> > I'm not sure if I'm missing something in my POM or mvn command line or if
> > there is an issue with my SVN client or with SVNBridge.  SVN works for
> all
> > other activities I have been doing.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Jeff Vincent
> > [hidden email]
> > See my LinkedIn profile at:
> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/rjeffreyvincent
> > I ♥ DropBox <http://db.tt/9O6LfBX> !!
> >

> --
> Jeff MAURY
>

> "Legacy code" often differs from its suggested alternative by actually
> working and scaling.
>  - Bjarne Stroustrup
>
> http://www.jeffmaury.com
> http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
> http://www.twitter.com/jeffmaury

--
Jeff Vincent
[hidden email]
See my LinkedIn profile at:
I ♥ DropBox <http://db.tt/9O6LfBX> !!

RE: Maven release plugin help...

walshmatt
Jeff

I'm sure you're having great success banging your head. ;-)

I use the maven release plugin with SVN. We've had authentication issues before as well.

First, do you have an svn provider defined for the plugin in your pom? Here's what I have.

 <configuration>
   <providerImplementations>
      <svn>javasvn</svn>
   </providerImplementations>
 </configuration>

And I'm not sure off the top of my head, but I don't think it will find TortoiseSVN authentication. I believe I had to do a commandline execution of an SVN subcommand to prompt for the password first. But don't quote me on that. I'd have to do some digging to find out.

Matt

This message, including any attachments, is confidential and contains information intended only for the person(s) named above. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and permanently delete the original transmission from all of your systems and hard drives, including any attachments, without making a copy.

Re: Maven release plugin help...

Olivier Lamy
2012/4/4 Matt Walsh <[hidden email]>:

> Jeff
>
> I'm sure you're having great success banging your head. ;-)
>
> I use the maven release plugin with SVN. We've had authentication issues before as well.
>
> First, do you have an svn provider defined for the plugin in your pom? Here's what I have.
>
>  <configuration>
>   <providerImplementations>
>      <svn>javasvn</svn>
>   </providerImplementations>
>  </configuration>

Note the javasvn scm provider 1.7 has not been released yet and still
in SNAPSHOT (see
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/maven-scm-provider-svnjava/).
BTW that works :-) (at least for release plugin).
I'm waiting a new svnkit release before releasing 2.0 with svn 1.7 support.

Talend: http://coders.talend.com