Quantcast

Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

12

Maven and environment Properties - Feature or bug ??

Hauschel Fred Robert
In windows:

set test=dev and using  ${env.test} in the pom for example in <name>
myArtifact _${env.test}</name>
Results in: Building myArtifact_${env.test} 00.01-SNAPSHOT

set TEST=dev and using  ${env.TEST} in the pom for example in <name>
myArtifact _${env.TEST}</name>
Results in: Building myArtifact_dev 00.01-SNAPSHOT

How cool is that?
For me that was a very expensive Feature!
Or did I have problems understanding the environment variables? Is there
a case sensitivity in general ??

Fredy

Re: Maven and environment Properties - Feature or bug ??

Benjamin Bentmann
Hauschel Fred Robert wrote:

> Or did I have problems understanding the environment variables? Is there
> a case sensitivity in general ??

http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Properties

Benjamin

AW: Maven and environment Properties - Feature or bug ??

Hauschel Fred Robert
Rtfm ;-)

Thanks!!!
Fredy

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> Or did I have problems understanding the environment variables? Is there
> a case sensitivity in general ??

http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Properties

Benjamin

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

poornima
hi,
 i am new to maven and i did the following steps ...
 1. installed java
 2. installed maven.
 3.changed the local repository path and proxies in the settings.xml file
 when i run the command :D:\tutorials>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mytutorial -DartifactId=simple.... i am getting the following output in cmd prompt.
" No plugin found for the prefix "archetype" in the current project and in the plugin group.........."
 what would be the problem..... cna anyone please guide me?
 i would also like to know what changes should i do in the settings.xml file

 what would be the problem..... cna anyone please guide me?
 i would also like to know what changes should i do in the settings.xml file

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

Wayne Fay
>  1. installed java
What version?

>  2. installed maven.
What version?

>  3.changed the local repository path and proxies in the settings.xml file
Why did you change the local repo path?
Check to make sure that your proxy is uncommented. By default, the
proxy block is commented out (disabled).

>  when i run the command :D:\tutorials>mvn archetype:create
Why are you using archetype:create when the "Maven in 5 minutes"
webpage says to use archetype:generate?

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html

Wayne

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work