Quantcast

Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

12

Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

Akshay Dev Vankhede
I followed everything, line by line to install Maven on my laptop. I've gone
through the mailing lists, but couldn't let Maven work.

As, I'm very frustrated with strange behavior of Maven, before I begin I
would
like to make it clear that,
1. I have direct internet connection
2. I do not have fancy firewall policies which block internet access from
specific
    process executables.
3. I do not have any proxy in between
4. I can resolve repo1.maven.org from my laptop

Kindly help.

This is what I did:
akshay@lap7:~$ echo $M2_HOME
/home/akshay/opt/apache-maven-2.2.1
akshay@lap7:~$ which mvn
/home/akshay/opt/apache-maven-2.2.1/bin/mvn
akshay@lap7:~$ mvn --version
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-07 00:46:01+0530)
Java version: 1.6.0_03
Java home: /opt/jdk1.6.0_03/jre
Default locale: en_IN, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.24-28-generic" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"
akshay@lap7:~$ mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app
-DartifactId=my-app -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart
-DinteractiveMode=false -e
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be
retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file:
repo1.maven.org
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist or no valid
version could be found
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1569)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1851)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.segmentTaskListByAggregationNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:462)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:175)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
    at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
    at
    at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException:
The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found
    at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:229)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:91)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:179)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.loadPluginDescriptor(DefaultPluginManager.java:1642)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1540)
    ... 15 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 22 21:44:09 GMT+05:30 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M
[INFO]

Akshay Dev Wankhede

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

kristian-3
hello,

since it works for my without any problem and the error you see with
"-e" flag set is not sufficient. maybe you try

mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart
-DinteractiveMode=false -X

it produces more output but you might be able to see the cause why
central maven repository got blacklisted.

but I have to mention one case where I was in Delhi and I was not able
to route to one of the sonatype.org server, traceroute got stuck
somewhere. but a traceroute from europe succeeded and a day before it
worked from Amritsa. all I want to say here it that a lot of strange
things are possible.

with regards
Kristian

--
Kristian Meier + Saumya Sharma + Sanuka Meier
Vadakkethu House,

tel: +91 468 2319577

protect your privacy while searching the net: www.ixquick.com

             _=_
           q(-_-)p
            '_) (_`
            /__/  \
         _(<_   / )_
      (__\_\_|_/__)

RE: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

mgainty

try this simple task:

tracert repo1.maven.org

someone has inserted an intervening proxy between you and maven.org

go to $M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml and configure access to maven.ord thru this proxy (which should look something like)

<!-- proxies
   | This is a list of proxies which can be used on this machine to connect to the network.
   | Unless otherwise specified (by system property or command-line switch), the first proxy
   | specification in this list marked as active will be used.
   |-->
  <proxies>
    <!-- proxy
     | Specification for one proxy, to be used in connecting to the network.

    <proxy>
      <id>optional</id>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <username>proxyuser</username>
      <password>proxypass</password>
      <host>proxy.host.net</host>
      <port>80</port>
      <nonProxyHosts>local.net,some.host.com</nonProxyHosts>
    </proxy>
    -->
  </proxies>

Martin

> [...]
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:229)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:91)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:179)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.loadPluginDescriptor(DefaultPluginManager.java:1642)
> at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1540)
> ... 15 more
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
> [INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 22 21:44:09 GMT+05:30 2010

Thanks for the support guys, it was not a proxy issue. I upgraded my JDK/JRE
from 1.6.0_03 to 1.6.0_20 and it all came back on the track, a bit strange
though.

--
Akshay

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Martin Gainty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:229)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:91)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:179)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.loadPluginDescriptor(DefaultPluginManager.java:1642)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1540)
> > ... 15 more
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
> > [INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 22 21:44:09 GMT+05:30 2010

Akshay Dev Wankhede

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

wasi_shez
I am using XP Windows >>>

1)Install Latest JRE
2)Download Maven 3.0
3)Set JAVA_Home for JRE
4)Set Path for Maven 3.0 upto BIN

Run Command to ensure the installation

>> mvn --v

Apache Maven 3.0 (r1004208; 2010-10-04 16:50:56+0500)
Java version: 1.6.0_22
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"

Will Anyone help me How to Proceed further as My Java Project Path is :-

C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src

I am running following Command after using this Link:
mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false

and Link is :

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html

It doesn't work for me .....

Errors Come as ::::::::

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.093s
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Oct 22 10:34:38 UZT 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/15M
[ERROR] The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no POM
in this directory (C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src). Please verify you invoked
Maven from the correct directory. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
ch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MissingProject
Exception

Please Suggest.................

I have Simple Settings.XML file that is in Maven 3.0's Package

Thanks

Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst
wasi_shez@hotmail.com
00923214294926

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

wasi_shez
I am using XP Windows >>>

1)Install Latest JRE
2)Download Maven 3.0
3)Set JAVA_Home for JRE
4)Set Path for Maven 3.0 upto BIN

Run Command to ensure the installation

>> mvn --v

Apache Maven 3.0 (r1004208; 2010-10-04 16:50:56+0500)
Java version: 1.6.0_22
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\jre
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"

Will Anyone help me How to Proceed further as My Java Project Path is :-

C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src

I am running following Command after using this Link:
mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false

and Link is :

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html

It doesn't work for me .....

Errors Come as ::::::::

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.093s
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Oct 22 10:34:38 UZT 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/15M
[ERROR] The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no POM
in this directory (C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src). Please verify you invoked
Maven from the correct directory. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
ch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MissingProject
Exception

Please Suggest.................

I have Simple Settings.XML file that is in Maven 3.0's Package

Thanks

Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst
wasi_shez@hotmail.com
00923214294926

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

Manuel Doninger
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 08:15, wasi_shez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using XP Windows >>>
>

> 1)Install Latest JRE
> 2)Download Maven 3.0
> 3)Set JAVA_Home for JRE
> 4)Set Path for Maven 3.0 upto BIN
>
> Run Command to ensure the installation
>
>>> mvn --v
>
> Apache Maven 3.0 (r1004208; 2010-10-04 16:50:56+0500)
> Java version: 1.6.0_22
> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"
>
> Will Anyone help me How to Proceed further as My Java Project Path is :-
>
> C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src
>

> I am running following Command after using this Link:
> mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false
>
> and Link is :
>
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html
>

> It doesn't work for me .....
>

> Errors Come as ::::::::
>

> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 0.093s
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Oct 22 10:34:38 UZT 2010
> [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/15M
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no
> POM
> in this directory (C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src). Please verify you
> invoked
> Maven from the correct directory. -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
> swit
> ch.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
> rea
> d the following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MissingProject
> Exception
>

> Please Suggest.................

I think you should cd into the directory my-app, which should exist
under C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src, if you run the
archetype:generate in that directory. archetype:generate creates the
whole directory structure, the top directory is named after the
artifactId you provided. So you shouldn't run this command in your
"source"-directory, but in your workspace-directory.

Regards,
Manuel

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

wasi_shez
Thank you so much Manual for such a Quick response.

What do you mean by My-app

Let me ensure the Paths of my Directories.

JRE :>
                                                           C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\jre
Maven 3.0:>                                                          C:\apache-maven-3.0\bin
Path where my "Test.Java" located in My Eclipse 6.5:>   C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src

What i DID>>

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Waseem>cd C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src

C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src>mvn archetype:generate
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-instal
l-plugin/2.3.1/maven-install-plugin-2.3.1.jar
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
n-install-plugin:2.3.1: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3
.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not transfer artifact
 org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:jar:2.3.1 from central (http://re
po1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unreachable: connect
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-deploy
-plugin/2.5/maven-deploy-plugin-2.5.jar
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
n-deploy-plugin:2.5: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.5 or
one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not transfer artifact org.a
pache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:jar:2.5 from central (http://repo1.maven
.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unreachable: connect
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-clean-
plugin/2.4.1/maven-clean-plugin-2.4.1.jar
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
n-clean-plugin:2.4.1: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:2.4.1 o
r one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not transfer artifact org
.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:jar:2.4.1 from central (http://repo1.ma
ven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unreachable: connect
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-p
lugin/2.0.1/maven-site-plugin-2.0.1.jar
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
n-site-plugin:2.0.1: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.0.1 or
one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not transfer artifact org.a
pache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:jar:2.0.1 from central (http://repo1.maven
.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unreachable: connect
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-antrun
-plugin/1.3/maven-antrun-plugin-1.3.jar
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
n-antrun-plugin:1.3: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.3 or
one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not transfer artifact org.a
pache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:jar:1.3 from central (http://repo1.maven
.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unreachable: connect
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-assemb
ly-plugin/2.2-beta-5/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2-beta-5.jar
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
n-assembly-plugin:2.2-beta-5: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plu
gin:2.2-beta-5 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not trans
fer artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:jar:2.2-beta-5 from
central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unr
eachable: connect
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-depend
ency-plugin/2.1/maven-dependency-plugin-2.1.jar
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
n-dependency-plugin:2.1: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin
:2.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not transfer artifa
ct org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:jar:2.1 from central (http:/
/repo1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unreachable: conne
ct
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-releas
e-plugin/2.0/maven-release-plugin-2.0.jar
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
n-release-plugin:2.0: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0 o
r one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not transfer artifact org
.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:jar:2.0 from central (http://repo1.ma
ven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unreachable: connect
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metada
ta.xml
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/maven-metadata.xml
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-metadata.xm
l from central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network
 is unreachable: connect
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata org.codehaus.mojo/maven-metadata.xml from
central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unr
eachable: connect
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metada
ta.xml
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/maven-metadata.xml
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-metadata.xm
l from central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network
 is unreachable: connect
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata org.codehaus.mojo/maven-metadata.xml from
central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Network is unr
eachable: connect
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 10.625s
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Oct 22 11:31:55 UZT 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/15M
[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'archetype' in the current project and in the
 plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the
repositories [local (C:\Documents and Settings\khansa\.m2\repository), central (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
ch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/NoPluginFoundF
orPrefixException

Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst
wasi_shez@hotmail.com
00923214294926

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

wasi_shez
Please SUGGEST for above mentioned Problem...

Looking forward for your response.

Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst
wasi_shez@hotmail.com
00923214294926

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

Andreas Gies-2

that looks like your maven cannot connect to the central repository to
download the required plugins for
executing the archetype. Are you behind a firewall or something ? - In
that case you may have to configure
a proxy in your settings.

See also http://maven.apache.org/settings.html#Proxies

Best regards
Andreas

Am 10/22/10 8:43 AM, schrieb wasi_shez:

> [...]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 10.625s
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Oct 22 11:31:55 UZT 2010
> [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/15M
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'archetype' in the current project and in
> the
>   plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from
> the
> repositories [local (C:\Documents and Settings\khansa\.m2\repository),
> central (
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)] ->  [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
> swit
> ch.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please

Really Great >> It Gets Work

1) I have removed all proxies from My Machine and Do the same again>> But it gets stuck on Some Point:

Source Code :-- C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src>

C:\Workspace_Eclipse\Sample\src>  mvn archetype:generate

OutPut Below<>

127: remote -> struts2-archetype-starter (null)
128: remote -> quickstart (Archetype for creating a basic Tapestry 5 application
, including Eclipse control
        files.)
129: remote -> tapestry-archetype (null)
130: remote -> tapestry-simple (Archetype for creating a basic Tapestry 5 applic
ation, including Eclipse control files.)
131: remote -> tuscany-contribution-jar (null)
132: remote -> tuscany-contribution-zip (null)
133: remote -> tuscany-quickstart (null)
134: remote -> tuscany-quickstart-bpel (null)
135: remote -> tuscany-quickstart-jsf (null)
136: remote -> tuscany-quickstart-jsonp (null)
137: remote -> tuscany-quickstart-stripes (null)
138: remote -> wicket-archetype-quickstart (null)
139: remote -> appfuse-basic-jsf (Maven 2 archetype that creates a web applicati
on with AppFuse embedded in it.)
140: remote -> appfuse-basic-spring (Maven 2 archetype that creates a web applic
ation with AppFuse embedded in it.)
141: remote -> appfuse-basic-struts (Maven 2 archetype that creates a web applic
ation with AppFuse embedded in it.)
142: remote -> appfuse-basic-tapestry (Maven 2 archetype that creates a web appl
ication with AppFuse embedded in it.)
143: remote -> appfuse-core (Maven 2 archetype that creates a backend (Managers,
 DAOs and Web Services)
        application with AppFuse embedded in it.)
144: remote -> appfuse-modular-jsf (Maven 2 archetype that creates a modular web
 application with AppFuse. This archetype creates two modules:
        "core" and "web". The core module depends on appfuse-service, while the
web module depends on core as well
        as AppFuse's JSF implementation.)
145: remote -> appfuse-modular-spring (Maven 2 archetype that creates a modular
web application with AppFuse. This archetype creates two modules:
        "core" and "web". The core module depends on appfuse-service, while the
web module depends on core as well
        as AppFuse's Spring MVC implementation.)
146: remote -> appfuse-modular-struts (Maven 2 archetype that creates a modular
web application with AppFuse. This archetype creates two modules:
        "core" and "web". The core module depends on appfuse-service, while the
web module depends on core as well
        as AppFuse's Struts implementation.)
147: remote -> appfuse-modular-tapestry (Maven 2 archetype that creates a modula
r web application with AppFuse. This archetype creates two modules:
        "core" and "web". The core module depends on appfuse-service, while the
web module depends on core as well
        as AppFuse's Tapestry implementation.)
148: remote -> appfuse-basic-jsf (Maven 2 archetype that creates a web applicati
on with AppFuse embedded in it.)
149: remote -> appfuse-basic-jsf-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
150: remote -> appfuse-basic-spring (Maven 2 archetype that creates a web applic
ation with AppFuse embedded in it.)
151: remote -> appfuse-basic-spring-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
152: remote -> appfuse-basic-struts (Maven 2 archetype that creates a web applic
ation with AppFuse embedded in it.)
153: remote -> appfuse-basic-struts-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
154: remote -> appfuse-basic-tapestry (Maven 2 archetype that creates a web appl
ication with AppFuse embedded in it.)
155: remote -> appfuse-basic-tapestry-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
156: remote -> appfuse-core (Maven 2 archetype that creates a backend (Managers,
 DAOs and Web Services)
        application with AppFuse embedded in it.)
157: remote -> appfuse-core-archetype (null)
158: remote -> appfuse-light-jsf-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
159: remote -> appfuse-light-spring-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
160: remote -> appfuse-light-spring-freemarker-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
161: remote -> appfuse-light-spring-security-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
162: remote -> appfuse-light-stripes-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
163: remote -> appfuse-light-struts-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
164: remote -> appfuse-light-tapestry-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
165: remote -> appfuse-light-wicket-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
166: remote -> appfuse-modular-jsf (Maven 2 archetype that creates a modular web
 application with AppFuse. This archetype creates two modules:
        "core" and "web". The core module depends on appfuse-service, while the
web module depends on core as well
        as AppFuse's JSF implementation.)
167: remote -> appfuse-modular-jsf-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
168: remote -> appfuse-modular-spring (Maven 2 archetype that creates a modular
web application with AppFuse. This archetype creates two modules:
        "core" and "web". The core module depends on appfuse-service, while the
web module depends on core as well
        as AppFuse's Spring MVC implementation.)
169: remote -> appfuse-modular-spring-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
170: remote -> appfuse-modular-struts (Maven 2 archetype that creates a modular
web application with AppFuse. This archetype creates two modules:
        "core" and "web". The core module depends on appfuse-service, while the
web module depends on core as well
        as AppFuse's Struts implementation.)
171: remote -> appfuse-modular-struts-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
172: remote -> appfuse-modular-tapestry (Maven 2 archetype that creates a modula
r web application with AppFuse. This archetype creates two modules:
        "core" and "web". The core module depends on appfuse-service, while the
web module depends on core as well
        as AppFuse's Tapestry implementation.)
173: remote -> appfuse-modular-tapestry-archetype (AppFuse Archetype)
174: remote -> drools4-integration-helper-archetype (Support of the archetype fo
r the Maven plugin)
175: remote -> drools5-integration-helper-archetype (This is an Maven 2 Archetyp
e to support creation of a ready to
                use Maven 2 project with Drools support. This archetype contains

                examples of code based on interface, classes and pre/post
                condition. JUnit 4 examples are also included.)
176: remote -> cargo-archetype-webapp-functional-tests-module (Sample Maven 2 Ar
chetypes showing how to configure Cargo and Maven to run functional tests
    for a webapp by creating a functional-tests module.)
177: remote -> cargo-archetype-webapp-single-module (Sample Maven 2 Archetypes s
howing how to configure Cargo and Maven to run functional tests
    directly from a single webapp module.)
178: remote -> codegen-testcase (null)
179: remote -> cpa-testcase (null)
180: remote -> enunciate-simple-archetype (null)
181: remote -> gmaven-archetype-basic (null)
182: remote -> gmaven-archetype-mojo (null)
183: remote -> gmaven-archetype-basic (null)
184: remote -> gmaven-archetype-mojo (null)
185: remote -> maven-archetype-nbm (Archetype for Netbeans Modules Maven setup)
186: remote -> gwt-maven-plugin (Maven plugin for the Google Web Toolkit.)
187: remote -> latex-maven-archetype (The LaTeX Maven Archetype is kickstarts yo
ur LaTeX / Maven projects.)
188: remote -> xmlbeans-maven-plugin (Runs the xmlbeans parser/code generator ag
ainst schemas in files and dependent jars.)
189: remote -> appframework (Archetype for creating application based on JSR 296
)
190: remote -> ear-j2ee14 (Archetype for creating J2EE 1.4 EAR)
191: remote -> ear-javaee6 (Archetype for EAR package using Java EE 6)
192: remote -> ear-jee5 (Archetype for creating JEE 5 EAR)
193: remote -> ejb-j2ee13 (An archetype which contains a sample J2EE 1.3 EJB Mav
en project.)
194: remote -> ejb-j2ee14 (An archetype which contains a sample J2EE 1.4 EJB Mav
en project.)
195: remote -> ejb-javaee6 (Archetype for an EJB package using Java EE 6.)
196: remote -> ejb-jee5 (JEE 5 ejb jar archetype)
197: remote -> nbm-archetype (Archetype for development of NetBeans modules in M
aven.)
198: remote -> nbm-osgi-archetype (Archetype for development of NetBeans modules
 that can depend on OSGi bundles.)
199: remote -> nbm-suite-root (Root project archetype for creating multi module
projects developing NetBeans IDE modules. Approximately similar in functionality
 to module suites in NetBeans Ant projects.)
200: remote -> netbeans-platform-app-archetype (Archetype for sample application
 based on NetBeans Platform. Creates parent POM with branding and empty NBM proj
ect.)
201: remote -> osgi-archetype (Archetype for development of OSGi bundles using A
pache Felix Maven plugin)
202: remote -> pom-root (Root project archetype for creating multi module projec
ts)
203: remote -> webapp-j2ee13 (J2EE 1.3 web application archetype)
204: remote -> webapp-j2ee14 (J2EE 1.4 web application archetype)
205: remote -> webapp-javaee6 (Archetype for a web application using Java EE 6.)

206: remote -> webapp-jee5 (JEE 5 web application archetype)
207: remote -> groovy-maven-archetype (An archetype for creating Maven modules/p
rojects using the Groovy language.)
208: remote -> groovy-mojo-archetype (An archetype for writing Maven 2 plugins i
n the Groovy language.)
209: remote -> org.openxma.dsl.sample-archetype (null)
210: remote -> sonar-basic-plugin-archetype (Maven archetype to create a basic S
onar plugin)
211: remote -> sonar-gwt-plugin-archetype (Maven archetype to create a Sonar plu
gin including GWT pages)
212: remote -> cometd-archetype-dojo-jetty6 (null)
213: remote -> cometd-archetype-dojo-jetty7 (null)
214: remote -> cometd-archetype-jquery-jetty6 (null)
215: remote -> cometd-archetype-jquery-jetty7 (null)
216: remote -> coos-plugin-actor (null)
217: remote -> coos-plugin-api (null)
218: remote -> coos-plugin-noapi (null)
219: remote -> jee6-basic-archetype (Basic Java EE application with just configu
ration for CDI, JSF, JPA and a sample empty page.)
220: remote -> jee6-minimal-archetype (Minimal Java EE application with a single
 page demo of CDI, JSF, JPA and Validation to verify everything works.)
221: remote -> jee6-sandbox-archetype (Sandbox project for Java EE 6 with CDI, J
SF, JPA and a sample model and test data to play around with, try new things, an
d use as a foundation for tutorials)
222: remote -> jee6-sandbox-demo-archetype (Complete demo example using CDI, JSF
, JPA and validation showcasing a number of features available in Java EE 6 as w
ell as demonstrating how to make them all work together)
223: remote -> jee6-servlet-basic-archetype (Java EE application for servlet con
tainers (Jetty,Tomcat) with just a single page and a persistence provider .)
224: remote -> jee6-servlet-demo-archetype (Bookmarking application demonstratin
g JSF, CDI, JPA and Bean Validation on Tomcat/Jetty servlet containers)
225: remote -> jee6-servlet-minimal-archetype (Minimal Java EE application for s
ervlet containers (Jetty,Tomcat) with a single page demo of CDI, JSF, JPA and Va
lidation to verify everything works.)
226: remote -> jee6-servlet-sandbox-archetype (Java EE 6 archetype for servlet c
ontainers (Jetty,Tomcat) with sandbox data built in.)
227: remote -> scalate-archetype-empty (An archetype which creates an empty Scal
ate web application)
228: remote -> scalate-archetype-guice (An archetype which creates an empty Scal
ate Guice web application)
229: remote -> scalate-archetype-jersey (An archetype which creates an empty Sca
late web application)
230: remote -> geomajas-gwt-archetype (Geomajas GWT application archetype)
231: remote -> geoserver-archetype-wfsoutputformat (null)
232: remote -> grails-maven-archetype (null)
233: remote -> imixs-workflow-jee-archetype (Imixs Workflow JEE Archetype provid
es a JEE Sample Application)
234: remote -> jboss-javaee6-webapp (An archetype that generates a starter Java
EE 6 webapp project)
235: remote -> weld-jsf-jee (Weld archetype for creating a Java EE 6 application
 using JSF 2.0, CDI 1.0, EJB 3.1 and JPA 2.0 (persistence unit included))
236: remote -> weld-jsf-jee-minimal (Weld archetype for creating a minimal Java
EE 6 application using JSF 2.0, CDI 1.0 and EJB 3.1 (persistence unit not includ
ed))
237: remote -> weld-jsf-servlet-minimal (Weld archetype for creating an applicat
ion using JSF 2.0 and CDI 1.0 for Servlet Containers (Tomcat 6 / Jetty 6))
238: remote -> jbundle-util-webapp-cgi-archetype (null)
239: remote -> jbundle-util-webapp-files-archetype (null)
240: remote -> jbundle-util-webapp-proxy-archetype (null)
241: remote -> jbundle-util-webapp-redirect-archetype (null)
242: remote -> jbundle-util-webapp-upload-archetype (null)
243: remote -> jbundle-util-webapp-webdav-archetype (null)
244: remote -> jbundle-util-webapp-website-archetype (null)
245: remote -> jbundle-util-webapp-webstart-archetype (null)
246: remote -> jini-service-archetype (Archetype for Jini service project creati
on)
247: remote -> maven-hpi-plugin (Maven2 plugin for developing Hudson plugins)
248: remote -> makumba-archetype (Archetype for a makumba web-application)
249: remote -> ibean-archetype (An archetype for creating an empty ibean maven p
roject)
250: remote -> mule-example-archetype (An archetype for creating a Mule example
application.)
251: remote -> mule-module-archetype (An architype for creating a Mule Module. I
t provides options for adding certain mule features and configuring the
    module for Muleforge.)
252: remote -> mule-project-archetype (An architype for creating Mule applicatio
ns.)
253: remote -> mule-transport-archetype (Archetype for Mule 2.0 and above transp
ort projects.)
254: remote -> multiverse-project-archetype (Skeleton for a project using Multiv
erse)
255: remote -> application-archetype (null)
256: remote -> remoting-support (null)
257: remote -> application (null)
258: remote -> hibernate-support (null)
259: remote -> html-war (null)
260: remote -> htmlviewer-war (null)
261: remote -> application (null)
262: remote -> icons (null)
263: remote -> maven-archetype-cecilia-app (This archetype is useful to quick st
art Cecilia applications,
                having a source tree template already filled.)
264: remote -> maven-archetype-cecilia-application (This archetype is useful to
quick start Cecilia applications, having a
                source tree template already filled.)
265: remote -> maven-archetype-cecilia-library (This archetype is useful to quic
k start Cecilia components library
                projects, having a source tree template already filled.)
266: remote -> maven-archetype-petals-jbi-binding-component (>This project is Ma
ven 2 archetype associated to a JBI binding component project.)
267: remote -> maven-archetype-petals-jbi-service-assembly (This project is Mave
n 2 archetype associated to a JBI service assembly project.)
268: remote -> maven-archetype-petals-jbi-service-engine (This project is Maven
2 archetype associated to a JBI service engine project.)
269: remote -> maven-archetype-petals-jbi-service-unit (This project is Maven 2
archetype associated to a JBI service unit project.)
270: remote -> openl-simple-project (null)
271: remote -> maven-archetype-osgi-bundle (null)
272: remote -> maven-archetype-osgi-project (null)
273: remote -> maven-archetype-osgi-service (null)
274: remote -> maven-archetype-osgi-wrapper (null)
275: remote -> maven-archetype-spring-bean (null)
276: remote -> maven-archetype-paxexam-junit ()
277: remote -> kerneos-module-archetype (null)
278: remote -> kerneos-war-archetype (null)
279: remote -> maven-archetype-petals-jbi-binding-component (This project is Mav
en 2 archetype associated to a JBI binding component project.)
280: remote -> maven-archetype-petals-jbi-service-assembly (This project is Mave
n 2 archetype associated to a JBI service assembly project.)
281: remote -> maven-archetype-petals-jbi-service-engine (This project is Maven
2 archetype associated to a JBI service engine project.)
282: remote -> maven-archetype-petals-jbi-service-unit (This project is Maven 2
archetype associated to a JBI service unit project.)
283: remote -> maven-archetype-petals-jbi-shared-library (This project is Maven
2 archetype associated to a JBI Shared Library project.)
284: remote -> parallelj-archetype (ParallelJ is a Java framework for parallel c
omputing. It provides flow modeling and execution.)
285: remote -> parancoe-pluginarchetype (null)
286: remote -> parancoe-webarchetype (null)
287: remote -> liftweb-archetype-blank (Archetype - blank project for liwftweb)
288: remote -> liftweb-archetype-hellolift (Archetype - hellolift sample liwftwe
b application)
289: remote -> scala-archetype-simple (null)
290: remote -> slf4j-archetype (The slf4j Archetype)
291: remote -> flexmojos-archetypes-application (null)
292: remote -> flexmojos-archetypes-library (null)
293: remote -> flexmojos-archetypes-modular-webapp (null)
294: remote -> nexus-plugin-archetype (null)
295: remote -> spring-osgi-bundle-archetype (Spring OSGi Maven2 Archetype)
296: remote -> spring-ws-archetype (Spring Web Services Maven2 Archetype.)
297: remote -> trails-archetype (null)
298: remote -> trails-secure-archetype (null)
299: remote -> tynamo-archetype (null)
300: remote -> wicket-scala-archetype (Basic setup for a project that combines S
cala and Wicket,
                depending on the Wicket-Scala project. Includes an example Specs

                test.)
301: remote -> circumflex-archetype (null)
Choose a number: 82:

Question<>
What is meant by This >>>>  Choose a number: 82:

Please Guide me what to do here when Choosing a Number><
Which Number he is asking for and what will happened when Number done.

Thanks in advance

Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst
wasi_shez@hotmail.com
00923214294926

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

akinsgre
Waseem

If you follow the "Maven in 5 minutes" instructions, you shouldn't
have to specify a number.

The listed projects each have a number.. if you select 82, you'll be
picking the default project type (maven-archetype-quickstart).  If you
don't want the default, you can select any other number listed.

Try following the instructions again, and I think you'll have more
success now that you've resolved some of your other issues.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 6:34 AM, wasi_shez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> 295: remote -> spring-osgi-bundle-archetype (Spring OSGi Maven2 Archetype)
> 296: remote -> spring-ws-archetype (Spring Web Services Maven2 Archetype.)
> 297: remote -> trails-archetype (null)
> 298: remote -> trails-secure-archetype (null)
> 299: remote -> tynamo-archetype (null)
> 300: remote -> wicket-scala-archetype (Basic setup for a project that
> combines S
> cala and Wicket,
>                depending on the Wicket-Scala project. Includes an example
> Specs
>
>                test.)
> 301: remote -> circumflex-archetype (null)
> Choose a number: 82:
>

> Question<>
> What is meant by This >>>>  Choose a number: 82:
>

> Please Guide me what to do here when Choosing a Number><
> Which Number he is asking for and what will happened when Number done.

Greg Akins

http://insomnia-consulting.org
http://www.pghcodingdojo.org
http://pittjug.dev.java.net
http://twitter.com/akinsgre
http://www.linkedin.com/in/akinsgre

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

beta
Hi Waseem,

Did you get to solve your issue? I'm getting the same errors and I haven't found
a way to solve them,

Thanks in advance,

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

wasi_shez
Yes i have get the problem solved.

I will advice you to please read out the Maven's Book from Pages 32 to 42

Moreover >> Whenever you go for Maven's first time compilation ; please make sure that your machine must have internet with downloading access ; THE MOST IMPORTANT it must be free from all Firewall restrictions.

Please let me know if you still have a problem.

Cheers
Regards
Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst

Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst
wasi_shez@hotmail.com
00923214294926

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

sachbist
Hi Waseem,

I dont have maven book which is u saying to read pages 32 to 42.

Could u please share with me.

I am getting same error. i am very frustured with this issue.

I am working on this issue last 2 days but i am not able to resolve.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Sachin
Sach83@gmail.com

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

wasi_shez

Please Download this Book and Enjoy you Build with Maven

http://maven.apache.org/apache-maven.pdf

Regards
Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst
00923214294926
wasi_shez@hotmail.com

Waseem Bokhari
CM Analyst
wasi_shez@hotmail.com
00923214294926

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

biswamohan.padhy
I am trying to create my first Maven project with Maven 3.0.1. First I got problem in downloading the plugins then I downloaded the jar files manually and put those in the local repository. Now it is not showing error for the plugin jars but for maven-metadata.xml. I downloaded the xmls files as well but its not working. Maven installed directory: C:\WIP\Software\apache-maven-3.0.1 JRE directyory: C:\WIP\jdevstudio10135\jdk\jre\bin Local Repository: C:\WIP\learning\DemoMaven I am running the command mvn -X archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false in the following path C:\WIP\learning\DemoMaven Can anyone please help me how to resolve this issue.

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

Anders Hammar
If Maven can't download the plugins something is wrong with your setup. You
need to fix that before proceeding!

Are you behind a proxy? Then you need to configure Maven to use that. Do you
have an internal repo manager? Then you need to configure Maven for that.

/Anders

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 08:41, biswamohan.padhy <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I am trying to create my first Maven project with Maven 3.0.1. First I got
> problem in downloading the plugins then I downloaded  the jar files
> manually
> and put those in the local repository. Now it is not showing error for the
> plugin jars but for maven-metadata.xml. I downloaded the xmls files as well
> but its not working.
> Maven installed directory:
> C:\WIP\Software\apache-maven-3.0.1
> JRE directyory:
> C:\WIP\jdevstudio10135\jdk\jre\bin
> Local Repository:
> C:\WIP\learning\DemoMaven
>
> I am running the command
> mvn -X archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false
>
> in the following path
> C:\WIP\learning\DemoMaven
>
> Can anyone please help me how to resolve this issue.

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

biswamohan.padhy
I have attached the settings.xml

I was getting following error while I was creating a project before I downloaded the plugin jars manually.
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-install-plugin/2.3.1/maven-install-plugin-2.3.1.jar

[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3.1: Plugin org.apache.mav
en.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not transfer artifact org.apach
e.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:jar:2.3.1 from/to central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Conn
ection timed out: connect

And getting the following error I downloaded the plugin jars manually.

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metadata.xml
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-metadata.xml from/to central (http://repo1.maven.org/mav
en2): Error transferring file: Connection timed out: connect

We are using an automatic proxy configuration URL to connect to internet in my company.
Can you please let me know how to configure the settings.xml for automatic proxy configuration URL.settings.xml

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

Anders Hammar
Google is your friend:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

/Anders

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 09:52, biswamohan.padhy <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I have attached the settings.xml
>
> I was getting following error while I was creating a project before I
> downloaded the plugin jars manually.
> Downloading:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-install-plugin/2.3.1/maven-install-plugin-2.3.1.jar
>
> [WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3.1: Plugin org.apache.mav
> en.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.3.1 or one of its dependencies could not
> be resolved: Could not transfer artifact org.apach
> e.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:jar:2.3.1 from/to central
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Error transferring file: Conn
> ection timed out: connect
>
> And getting the following error I downloaded the plugin jars manually.
>
> Downloading:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/maven-metadata.xml
> Downloading:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-metadata.xml
> [WARNING] Could not transfer metadata
> org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-metadata.xml from/to central
> (http://repo1.maven.org/mav
> en2): Error transferring file: Connection timed out: connect
>
> We are using an automatic proxy configuration URL to connect to internet in
> my company.
> Can you please let me know how to configure the settings.xml for automatic
> proxy configuration URL.
> http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n3309107/settings.xml settings.xml

12