Maven hangs after lock file

Daniel Watrous
Hi,

I posted an issue to stackoverflow, then I thought this list might be the best place to get some feedback:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43747117/maven-can-create-folders-and-lock-file-but-hangs-while-downloading

Any idea why maven would hang when it tries to download dependencies?

Thanks,
Daniel