Maven eclipse:eclipse does not create non-Java projects

Maven eclipse:eclipse does not create non-Java projects

jshowalter
I have a flat directory structure, with three projects: api, web, and root. Root just has a parent pom and module declarations for the other two, so I can build the closure with one command. This works fine, but when I run mvn eclipse:eclipse, it only generates the .project and .classpath files for api and web. It ignores root. That's a problem when I later want to use EGit to manage the files, because there is no Eclipse project for root. There was muttering about this problem a year ago on jira codehaus org MECLIPSE-94, where it says:

"Three new config options now available:
includeModulesInClasspath - If true the classpath config writer will include the dependencies of sub-modules in the given project.
alwaysWriteProjectConfig - Always create the .project configuration for Maven projects regardless of packaging type.
forceTreatAsJavaProject - Forces project to be treated as if it was a Java project. Maven packaging type will therefore be ignored and behaviors will be as if Java. This includes always creating the .classpath configuration."

but I tried setting alwaysWriteProjectConfig and nothing happened.

Re: Maven eclipse:eclipse does not create non-Java projects

yaghaji