Maven eclipse depenendy failing

Marcell Manfrin Barbacena
Hi everyone,

I'm running on a problem when I try to add a eclipse project (not
mavenized) as a dependency to my mavenized project...

The error can be reproduced doing that:

1. create a eclipse java project named test1 in eclipse.
2. create a mavenized project named test (maven genapp)
3. add the eclipse dependy do test project as:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>test1</groupId>
      <artifactId>test1</artifactId>
      <version>1</version>
          <properties>
                <eclipse.dependency>true</eclipse.dependency>
          </properties>
    </dependency>
4. try to run maven eclipse goal in the test project and maven will
try to download the test1-1.jar and will fail!

Am I doing something wrong?

Tnx

--
"Nobody knows who i really am
 I never felt this empty before

Re: Maven eclipse depenendy failing

thomasvdv
yes ;-)

eclipse.dependency does not refer to an Eclipse project but only tells the
Eclipse plugin whether it should add the dependency to the project's
classpath. Since an Eclipse project is not recognized as a dependency type,
the dependency you have defined will not be considered as an Eclipse project
and automatically added to the classpath. However, you can add an Eclipse
project to the classpath by defining the following in your
project.properties file:

maven.eclipse.classpath.include=/test1

Then you also need set eclipse.dependency to false in your project.xml. If
not, you'll add it once as an Eclipse dependency and a second time as jar
dependency.

This is not really straightforward and it'd be great if the Eclipse plugin
woud support this better.