Maven XDOC Plugin 1.9 Released

brettporter
Administrator
The Maven team is pleased to announce the Maven XDoc Plug-in 1.9 release!

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/xdoc/

  New Features:

o Added internationalization support. Issue: MPXDOC-128. Thanks to
Vincent Siveton.
o Add a comment property for dependencies Issue: MPXDOC-129. Thanks to
Miguel Griffa.
o Added maven.xdoc.copy.excludes property which lists the files to
exclude from the resources copy.
This defaults to any images currently unused by Maven. Additionally, if
you are not using the classic theme, maven.xdoc.copy.excludes.classic is
used to eliminate images only for the classic theme
o Added new tag <escapeXml/> Issue: MPXDOC-118.
o New property (maven.xdoc.xml.copy) to copy only and not transform some
xml files provided in the ${maven.docs.src} directory. Issue: MPXDOC-123.
o Added dt css style Issue: MPFAQ-11.
o Add a legend for the symbols in the xdoc, disabled by setting
maven.xdoc.legend=false
o Add a support for "hierarchical" site navigation in breadcrumbs

  Fixed bugs:

o A link starting with https wasn't considered as an external link.
Issue: MPXDOC-132. Thanks to Ignacio G. Mac Dowell.
o Show version if maven.xdoc.date=right Issue: MPXDOC-117. Thanks to
Dennis Lundberg.
o Allow header images and links to use relative paths Issue: MPXDOC-115.
Thanks to Brent Worden.

To automatically install the plugin, type the following on a single line:

maven plugin:download  -DgroupId=maven  -DartifactId=maven-xdoc-plugin
-Dversion=1.9

For a manual installation, you can download the plugin here:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/java-repository/maven/plugins/maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.jar

Have fun!
-The Maven team

Re: Maven XDOC Plugin 1.9 Released

Jason Sheldon
On 6/8/05, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The Maven team is pleased to announce the Maven XDoc Plug-in 1.9 release!

Cool!  Keep up the good work.

I was wondering how people are creating XDoc docs.  Is there a good
word processor that can save to xdoc or a plugin for Word?

Cheers,
Jason

Re: Maven XDOC Plugin 1.9 Released

Brett Porter
Not that I'm aware of - I use the XML support in IDEA.

I'm hopeful that the next release will be based on Maven2's document
generation system, which supports XDoc, Docbook (which I believe has
editors), APT (wiki-like plain text, so vim works just fine) and
others.

Cheers,
Brett

On 6/9/05, Jason Sheldon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/8/05, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The Maven team is pleased to announce the Maven XDoc Plug-in 1.9 release!
>
> Cool!  Keep up the good work.
>
> I was wondering how people are creating XDoc docs.  Is there a good
> word processor that can save to xdoc or a plugin for Word?
>
> Cheers,
> Jason

Re: Maven XDOC Plugin 1.9 Released

Jamie Bisotti
Two questions:
1. When will this show up on Ibiblio?
2. When will the site be updated?  It is still showing 1.8 docs.

Thanks.

On 6/9/05, Brett Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Maven team is pleased to announce the Maven XDoc Plug-in 1.9 release!
>
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/xdoc/
>
>   New Features:
>
> o Added internationalization support. Issue: MPXDOC-128. Thanks to
> Vincent Siveton.
> o Add a comment property for dependencies Issue: MPXDOC-129. Thanks to
> Miguel Griffa.
> o Added maven.xdoc.copy.excludes property which lists the files to
> exclude from the resources copy.
> This defaults to any images currently unused by Maven. Additionally, if
> you are not using the classic theme, maven.xdoc.copy.excludes.classic is
> used to eliminate images only for the classic theme
> o Added new tag <escapeXml/> Issue: MPXDOC-118.
> o New property (maven.xdoc.xml.copy) to copy only and not transform some
> xml files provided in the ${maven.docs.src} directory. Issue: MPXDOC-123.
> o Added dt css style Issue: MPFAQ-11.
> o Add a legend for the symbols in the xdoc, disabled by setting
> maven.xdoc.legend=false
> o Add a support for "hierarchical" site navigation in breadcrumbs
>
>   Fixed bugs:
>
> o A link starting with https wasn't considered as an external link.
> Issue: MPXDOC-132. Thanks to Ignacio G. Mac Dowell.
> o Show version if maven.xdoc.date=right Issue: MPXDOC-117. Thanks to
> Dennis Lundberg.
> o Allow header images and links to use relative paths Issue: MPXDOC-115.
> Thanks to Brent Worden.
>
> To automatically install the plugin, type the following on a single line:
>
> maven plugin:download  -DgroupId=maven  -DartifactId=maven-xdoc-plugin
> -Dversion=1.9
>
> For a manual installation, you can download the plugin here:
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/java-repository/maven/plugins/maven-xdoc-plugin-1.9.jar
>
> Have fun!
> -The Maven team

Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc.

Re: Maven XDOC Plugin 1.9 Released

arikkfir
An XDoc editor for the Mevenide IDEA plugin is slated to be released in
the coming 0.2 release. Stay tuned :)
See http://mevenide.codehaus.org/mevenide-idea/ for details.

On 6/10/05, Jamie Bisotti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Two questions:
> 1. When will this show up on Ibiblio?

in 2-6 hours. Seems I accidentally published it as a JAR instead of a plugin...

> 2. When will the site be updated?  It is still showing 1.8 docs.

This seems up to date to me.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
Brett