Maven Surefire and JUnit 5

Benedikt Ritter
Hello,

for over a year now I’m trying to help getting JUnit 5 support into Maven Surefire. This has been hard since Tibor seems to be the only one maintaining Maven Surefire and he had to come with other things.

For this reason I’d like to ask other Maven maintainers to help with the JUnit 5 support. I’m happy to do the work, but I’m constantly blocked by obscure build failures which I’m unable to resolve myself or by lack of code review und merge of changes.

- Work on JUnit5 support is currently done in the junit5 branch.
- I have drafted a Provider Lookup implementation in the junit5 branch, but I don’t know whether it works because I can’t get the integration tests running
- There is an open PR to merge the master branch back into junit5 branch, but it has build failures I don’t understand [1]

Please help!
Cheers,
Benedikt

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/165

Re: Maven Surefire and JUnit 5

Karl Heinz Marbaise-3
Hi Enrico,

On 01/10/17 16:00, Enrico Olivelli wrote:
> Benedikt,
> did you try to update all of your maven plugins to latest version?
> Can you share some stacktrace? This will give a first hint without having
> to build jUDDI

This is the wrong mailing list...Users list was the subject about jUDDI
;-)..

Not related to Surefire and JUnit 5 ...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise