Maven Shell

Jason Dillon
Folks, just a quick not that I’ve updated Maven Shell for the latest release, can be found with the latest SNAPSHOT:

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/com/planet57/maven/shell/dist/mvnsh-assembly/1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/

Locally seems to be fully functional.  I’ve been updating GShell (which mvnsh is based on) as well.

I’m considering augmenting the release versions of mvnsh to match the upstream versions.

I’m also eventually gonna update the jline support as I think jline3 is much much improved, thanks to gnodet, but I haven’t done that yet.

If there are folks that may still be using older versions of the shell, I’d like to ask them to test the latest SNAPSHOTS and report back any issues.

Cheers,

—jason

Re: Maven Shell

Manfred Moser-4
Thanks Jason. This is great. For those that don't know

mvnsh is a shell environment that has a JVM with Maven constantly running so you will get nice performance and usability improvments on the command line. This new version is using Maven 3.5.0.

Installation is easy - extract the archive and put the bin folder on your path.

More details and filing issues and so on at

https://github.com/jdillon/mvnsh

And from my testing so far .. it rocks. Try it out!

Manfred