Maven SSL certificate for repo1.maven.org

Maven SSL certificate for repo1.maven.org

Nicolas Meunier
Hello,

We are using an old version of Sonatype Nexus (2.0.6) and it seems that we are not able to get dependencies stored on maven central (repo1.maven.org/maven2 or repo2.maven.org/maven2).
The error we get is that the certificate is not valid from the 24th of August:

org.sonatype.nexus.proxy.maven.maven2.M2Repository - Got RemoteStorageException in proxy repository "Maven Central" [id=central] while retrieving remote artifact "/io/swagger/swagger-jaxrs/1.5.20/swagger-jaxrs-1.5.20.pom" from URL https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/, this is 1 (re)try, cause: java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Mon Aug 24 14:00:00 CEST 2020

It's strange because by browsing this address, the Certificate seems valid (from 17th of Aug. 2020 to 8th of Sept. 2021).
It seems that Nexus is trying to retrieve the artifacts from other servers (it's crawling either the addresses 151.101.112.209, 151.101.240.209 or 151.101.12.209)
Was the certificate updated on all your servers ?

Thanks a lot

Nicolas Meunier

The information of this email and in any file transmitted with it is strictly confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any copying, distribution or any other use of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. The content of this email is not legally binding unless confirmed by letter. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of the sender's company.

Re: Maven SSL certificate for repo1.maven.org

Stephen Coy-4
Hi there,

We are also seeing this in Maven 2.7.2-03, which was the most recent 2.x version available earlier this year.

And as you say, browsing the site using a web browser seems to work ok.

Cheers,

Steve C

> On 4 Sep 2020, at 7:22 pm, Nicolas Meunier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> We are using an old version of Sonatype Nexus (2.0.6) and it seems that we are not able to get dependencies stored on maven central (repo1.maven.org/maven2 or repo2.maven.org/maven2).
> The error we get is that the certificate is not valid from the 24th of August:
>
> org.sonatype.nexus.proxy.maven.maven2.M2Repository - Got RemoteStorageException in proxy repository "Maven Central" [id=central] while retrieving remote artifact "/io/swagger/swagger-jaxrs/1.5.20/swagger-jaxrs-1.5.20.pom" from URL https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/, this is 1 (re)try, cause: java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: NotAfter: Mon Aug 24 14:00:00 CEST 2020
>
> It's strange because by browsing this address, the Certificate seems valid (from 17th of Aug. 2020 to 8th of Sept. 2021).
> It seems that Nexus is trying to retrieve the artifacts from other servers (it's crawling either the addresses 151.101.112.209, 151.101.240.209 or 151.101.12.209)
> Was the certificate updated on all your servers ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Nicolas Meunier
>
> The information of this email and in any file transmitted with it is strictly confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any copying, distribution or any other use of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. The content of this email is not legally binding unless confirmed by letter. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of the sender's company.

Re: Maven SSL certificate for repo1.maven.org

Michael Osipov-2

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS
https://issues.sonatype.org/projects/OSSRH