Maven Resolver

Manfred Moser-4
Hi all,

I found out that maven-resolver has main codebase, demos and ant tasks as separate branches in the same repository. Anybody know why this is the case instead of having three separate repositories? I must have missed that in the discussions about pulling Aether in..

Related to that the demos and ant tasks still use 1.0.3 .. any objections if I upgrade this to the latest 1.1.0 release?

Or should we even look at pulling the two branches into master as additional modules? Or separate them out into different repositories?

manfred

Re: Maven Resolver

Michael Osipov-2
Am 2017-07-19 um 23:39 schrieb Manfred Moser:

> Hi all,
>
> I found out that maven-resolver has main codebase, demos and ant
> tasks as separate branches in the same repository. Anybody know why
> this is the case instead of having three separate repositories? I
> must have missed that in the discussions about pulling Aether in..
>
> Related to that the demos and ant tasks still use 1.0.3 .. any
> objections if I upgrade this to the latest 1.1.0 release?
>
> Or should we even look at pulling the two branches into master as
> additional modules? Or separate them out into different repositories?

Hi Manfred,

this is simply a time issue. I wasn't able to make it into 1.1.0. I my
opinion, I see no reason to have it as three repos, but simply as
modules of the regular reactor. The burden two release two more
components is too huge which I won't do.
You should simply file two JIRA issues to merge them into master as modules.

Michael

Re: Maven Resolver

Manfred Moser-4
Great.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRESOLVER-28
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRESOLVER-29

Let me know if you want me to work on them.

Manfred