Quantcast

Maven Resolver 1.1

Christian Schulte
Hi,

are there any plans to release another Maven Resolver 1.0.x? Can I
update the POMs to 1.1-SNAPSHOT? See the comments I added in this
commit:
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commitdiff;h=da03d6b03192399237750c15f96fa021977dd83b>

I would need to add some methods to the Resolver API to add support for
those messages. This would require a bump of the minor version.

Christian

Re: Maven Resolver 1.1

Christian Schulte
Am 03/14/17 um 21:24 schrieb Christian Schulte:

> Hi,
>
> are there any plans to release another Maven Resolver 1.0.x? Can I
> update the POMs to 1.1-SNAPSHOT? See the comments I added in this
> commit:
> <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commitdiff;h=da03d6b03192399237750c15f96fa021977dd83b>
>
> I would need to add some methods to the Resolver API to add support for
> those messages. This would require a bump of the minor version.

FTR, I would stand up to be the release manager of that 1.1 release. The
scope would be log messages only! IIRC, Michael Osipov needs to add
methods to the public API to support repository IDs in log messages. I
need to add methods to the public API to support dependency management
debug log messages. That'd be the scope of the Maven Resolver 1.1.
Nothing else.

Christian

Re: Maven Resolver 1.1

it would be great if MNG-6183 description included a sample debug message
before the change and after the change: I can't get what this change is about
really

And of course, I don't get the next step with Resolver API...

Am 03/15/17 um 23:31 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
> it would be great if MNG-6183 description included a sample debug message
> before the change and after the change: I can't get what this change is about
> really

Will update the issue.

> And of course, I don't get the next step with Resolver API...

Just read the Java comments I added in this commit starting with TODO:

<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commitdiff;h=da03d6b03192399237750c15f96fa021977dd83b>

The resolver just needs to provide a liddle bit more information to have
those messages complete.

Christian

Re: Maven Resolver 1.1

Hervé BOUTEMY
I did some description enhancements in MNG-6182, stating clearly what is the
change (even roughly, but more precisely than just telling "enhancement")

Please review MNG-6182 and do such factual description in MNG-6183