Maven Release Plugin Message Format

Scott Rossillo
We're using the maven-release-plugin and all our tags end up looking like:

vX.Y.Z copy for tag vX.Y.Z

With git "copy for tag" is pretty nonsensical. Preferably, the message
would be "Release X.Y.Z". I looked at the source code and see the actual
tagging is delegated to another package, org.apache.maven.shared.release.

Anyway, is there a way to override the commit message and if not, which
component should a ticket be file or suggested change be recommended to?

Best,

Scott

Re: Maven Release Plugin Message Format

Hervé BOUTEMY
looks like there is WIP on that:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRELEASE-980
Help welcome (testing, providing feedback, ...)

Le jeudi 31 octobre 2019, 02:31:47 CET Scott Rossillo a écrit :

> We're using the maven-release-plugin and all our tags end up looking like:
>
> vX.Y.Z copy for tag vX.Y.Z
>
> With git "copy for tag" is pretty nonsensical. Preferably, the message
> would be "Release X.Y.Z". I looked at the source code and see the actual
> tagging is delegated to another package, org.apache.maven.shared.release.
>
> Anyway, is there a way to override the commit message and if not, which
> component should a ticket be file or suggested change be recommended to?
>
> Best,
>
> Scott

Re: Maven Release Plugin Message Format

Mark Prins
don' t recall any commits like that, generally I see that the last commit
in a tag is "[maven-release-plugin] prepare release
<https://github.com/B3Partners/brmo/commit/bdcc63208bd4a8b521f3b82bd82d87148e9c2687>
..."
and in my master branch I see "[maven-release-plugin] prepare release
<https://github.com/flamingo-geocms/flamingo/commit/623cbbc87afd2ead1d565749b42411602b6b1c2c>..."
and then "[maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
<https://github.com/flamingo-geocms/flamingo/commit/1c23467abd0ea07143841af25e1d4916a9ebc416>
"

looking at
https://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html
there
seems to be no option to do what you want.
-M

Op do 31 okt. 2019 om 09:12 schreef Scott Rossillo <[hidden email]

--
Disclaimer;
This message is just a reflection of what I thought at the time of sending.