Maven Pom.xml-- How to exclude transitive dependency in a typical scenario as below

Maven Pom.xml-- How to exclude transitive dependency in a typical scenario as below

ipawankulkarni
I've below project structure under lib for project 2.

Project 2 (under lib)

--->maven dependencies(jars)

--->project 1 jar ( it has jars in lib)

   --->maven dependencies of project 1(jars)
I want to exclude all jars under project 1 while preparing project 2.

I'm currently using below in pom (both project 1 and project 2) Under

   <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
When building project 1 I want it to build as executable jar with lib but when building project 2 I want project 1 as only a compiled jar (meaning with only class files and not having lib(jars))

Project 1 is induced as normal dependency in Project 2. Can anyone help me out ? Hope I make sense.