Maven Plugins in .NET

Shane Isbell
Just to let everyone know, I have nearly completed the feature that allows
the developer to write plugins directly in .NET. I did post a blog about it
(http://jroller.com/page/random7?entry=writing_maven_plugins_directly_in) -
as I thought it may be of general interest. One the implications of the
implementation is that the developer will need to have .NET 2.0+ installed
on their build machine, as NMaven now uses the AppDomain for specialized
supported within .NET 2.0. One of the early goals that I had was that the
base NMaven assemblies would all be compilable under .NET 1.1, but due to
the issue given above and due to the increasing complexity of the build
itself, it makes since to make the .NET 2.0 a required platform to build and
run NMaven itself. The developer will still be able to target 1.1 for their
projects.

Regards,
Shane