Maven Plugin that provides alternative repository

Maven Plugin that provides alternative repository

Christoph Laeubrich
Hi,

I'd like to create a plugin that gets notified if maven tries to
download an artifact but does not find it in any of its configured
repositories. Is this possible to archive by a maven plugin? If yes
what is the best starting point for this?

My own search for this have not revelead any usefull information
beside basic maven plugin tutorials that do not cover this specific
case.

Re: Maven Plugin that provides alternative repository

On 12/10/17 16:28, Christoph Laeubrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create a plugin that gets notified if maven tries to
> download an artifact but does not find it in any of its configured
> repositories. Is this possible to archive by a maven plugin? If yes
> what is the best starting point for this?

My first question is: What is the background of this question? Means
what are you trying to solve? What kind of problem do you have?

> My own search for this have not revelead any usefull information
> beside basic maven plugin tutorials that do not cover this specific
> case.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Maven Plugin that provides alternative repository

Mikolaj Izdebski
On 10/16/2017 06:42 AM, Christoph Laeubrich wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your reply. I'd like to make artifacts avaiable to maven
> via <dependency> that are located in a repository with a format that
> maven does not understand.
> Even though if I would have the group+artifactid+version I can locate
> that artifact there.
> So the idea is to add a plugin to the build that gets asked whenever
> maven does not find an artifact in any of its default sources so I can
> give it a try to find it in my special repro.

This should be possible by providing WorkspaceReader implementation -
@Component( role = WorkspaceReader.class, hint = "ide" )

Note that Maven tries resolution from workspace *before* repositories -
workspace reader has priority lower than reactor, but higher than remote
repos known to Maven.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat