Maven Plugin Testing Tools deprecated

Ilya Basin
Hi.
I want to invoke a maven build as part of the unit test. I thought that
http://maven.apache.org/plugin-testing/maven-plugin-testing-tools/ was
the right tool, but its javadoc is completly deprecated and no
replacement mentioned.

Re: Maven Plugin Testing Tools deprecated

olamy
Hi
Better to user maven-invoker-plugin:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-invoker-plugin/
Our plugins sources have plenty of examples

On 2 March 2018 at 07:29, Basin Ilya <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
> I want to invoke a maven build as part of the unit test. I thought that
> http://maven.apache.org/plugin-testing/maven-plugin-testing-tools/ was
> the right tool, but its javadoc is completly deprecated and no
> replacement mentioned.

Olivier Lamy

Re: Maven Plugin Testing Tools deprecated

karianna
Hi all,

So is the entirety of http://maven.apache.org/plugin-testing/maven-plugin-
testing-tools/ deprecated?  We're building a maven plugin arpund detecting
split packages for Java9+ and have started down the testing-tools rabbit
hole...

Cheers,
Martijn

On 03/03/18 21:13, Martijn Verburg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So is the entirety of http://maven.apache.org/plugin-testing/maven-plugin-
> testing-tools/ deprecated?  We're building a maven plugin arpund detecting
> split packages for Java9+ and have started down the testing-tools rabbit
> hole...

I wouldn't really call it deprecated but based on the experiences I (and
other devs) have it's easier to write integration tests via
maven-invoker-plugin for plugins...

The question is what kind of integration tests you have and what exactly
you need to test...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise