Maven Plugin Development and the @Produces

exabrial@gmail.com
Hey Guys,

I'm developing my first maven plugin. I was curious, is there any way to use the @javax.enterprise.inject.Produces annotation?

Here's why I ask. I have my main mojo, but it is composed of several dependencies that are @Inject'd into the mojo. These submodules ('components') may have @Parameters. Of course, if you inject parameters into the submodules, when you run the helpmojo it doesn't know about those parameters so they'll be missing from your documentation.

Hence, I thought if put the Parameters in my mojo, then used @Produces annotations on some getters, I could inject those elsewhere.

Is there a better way to do all of this? Thanks!
-Jonathan

Re: Maven Plugin Development and the @Produces

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi Jonathan,

you can use Guice in plexus components but not CDI. the cdi-api.jar is a
transitive leaked dependency and almost nothing is supported in current
maven (there are several threads to drop it). To be concrete, only @Typed
is used.

Romain Manni-Bucau