Maven Javadoc Plugin + additional stylesheet file parameter

Maven Javadoc Plugin + additional stylesheet file parameter

Martin Schelldorfer-Lüssi
Support for multiple stylesheets in javadoc was added to OpenJDK 10
as JDK-8189217 [1].

I suggest to add a new configuration parameter "addstylesheet" to Maven
JavaDoc Plugin. This value should passed as parameter "--add-stylesheet" to
javadoc command line.

There is a fork on github which implementes this feature [2].

See Oracle javadoc documentation for details about "--add-stylesheet"
parameter [3].

[2]
https://github.com/schelldorfer/maven-javadoc-plugin/commit/2340e1b2c2b13f3198f054decebf846e529ebc53
<https://github.com/schelldorfer/maven-javadoc-plugin/commit/2340e1b2c2b13f3198f054decebf846e529ebc53>
<https://github.com/schelldorfer/maven-javadoc-plugin/commit/2340e1b2c2b13f3198f054decebf846e529ebc53>
[3]
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/10/tools/javadoc.htm#JSWOR-GUID-9D532574-1CDB-4D30-99F3-A308DCAEE55F

Regards,
Martin

Re: Maven Javadoc Plugin + additional stylesheet file parameter

rfscholte
Please create a JIRA issue at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAVADOC and a pullrequest.

First comments: I suggest to rename it to addStylesheet, and I don't think
a property makes sense here (e.g. do you really want to set it like 'mvn
javadoc:javadoc -Dadd-stylesheet=some/path/to/stylesheet.css'? I think
only in the configuration-block is enough)
Also think about adding an integration test. There are enough to look at
under src/it. Just to ensure that the feature works and keeps working.

thanks
Robert