Maven Docker Images

Mike Drob
Hello,

Are the images at https://hub.docker.com/r/_/maven/ considered to be official maven docker images and blessed/published by the PMC?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Maven Docker Images

Manfred Moser-4
No. As you can see from the github URL this is NOT an apache URL.

https://github.com/carlossg/docker-maven

Mike Drob wrote on 2017-10-18 16:32:

> Hello,
>
> Are the images at https://hub.docker.com/r/_/maven/ considered to be official
> maven docker images and blessed/published by the PMC?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Re: Maven Docker Images

Mike Drob
I guess the natural follow-on question is whether the Maven community would consider publishing an official set of images? Or alternatively whether they should send a takedown notice to protect their brand and trademarks...

On 2017-10-18 18:36, "Manfred Moser" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No. As you can see from the github URL this is NOT an apache URL.
>
> https://github.com/carlossg/docker-maven
>

> Mike Drob wrote on 2017-10-18 16:32:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Are the images at https://hub.docker.com/r/_/maven/ considered to be official
> > maven docker images and blessed/published by the PMC?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike

Re: Maven Docker Images

Arnaud Héritier
These images are kindly managed by a PMC member of our project (Carlos) but
yes they aren't managed directly by the project

We can easily see with him to improve this IMO.

When he started that (several years ago) Docker wasn't what it is nowadays.
With docker being mainstream I agree that we can reconsider this.

The docker image build/distribution could perhaps be part of our release
process.

WDYT Carlos ?

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 4:16 AM, Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I guess the natural follow-on question is whether the Maven community
> would consider publishing an official set of images? Or alternatively
> whether they should send a takedown notice to protect their brand and
> trademarks...
>
> On 2017-10-18 18:36, "Manfred Moser" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > No. As you can see from the github URL this is NOT an apache URL.
> >
> > https://github.com/carlossg/docker-maven
> >

> > Mike Drob wrote on 2017-10-18 16:32:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Are the images at https://hub.docker.com/r/_/maven/ considered to be
> official
> > > maven docker images and blessed/published by the PMC?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mike

-----
Arnaud Héritier
http://aheritier.net
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: Maven Docker Images

Carlos Sanchez-4
Arnaud is correct, I sent an email to users@ back on Fri, Nov 7, 2014,
00:23 when I created the image

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017, 11:12 Arnaud Héritier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> These images are kindly managed by a PMC member of our project (Carlos) but
> yes they aren't managed directly by the project
>
> We can easily see with him to improve this IMO.
>
> When he started that (several years ago) Docker wasn't what it is nowadays.
> With docker being mainstream I agree that we can reconsider this.
>
> The docker image build/distribution could perhaps be part of our release
> process.
>
> WDYT Carlos ?
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 4:16 AM, Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I guess the natural follow-on question is whether the Maven community
> > would consider publishing an official set of images? Or alternatively
> > whether they should send a takedown notice to protect their brand and
> > trademarks...
> >
> > On 2017-10-18 18:36, "Manfred Moser" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > No. As you can see from the github URL this is NOT an apache URL.
> > >
> > > https://github.com/carlossg/docker-maven

> > official

> -----
> Arnaud Héritier
> http://aheritier.net
> Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
> Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: Maven Docker Images

Mike Drob
Thanks for the pointer, Carlos! I had searched the archives, but maybe I
didn't go back far enough.

I think moving these Dockerfiles into an ASF repo would be great for their
maintainability.

Thanks,

Mike

On 2017-10-19 03:50, Carlos Sanchez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Arnaud is correct, I sent an email to users@ back on Fri, Nov 7, 2014,>
> 00:23 when I created the image>
>

> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017, 11:12 Arnaud H�ritier <[hidden email]> wrote:>
>
> > These images are kindly managed by a PMC member of our project (Carlos)
but>
> > yes they aren't managed directly by the project>
> >>
> > We can easily see with him to improve this IMO.>
> >>
> > When he started that (several years ago) Docker wasn't what it is
nowadays.>
> > With docker being mainstream I agree that we can reconsider this.>
> >>
> > The docker image build/distribution could perhaps be part of our
release>
> > process.>
> >>
> > WDYT Carlos ?>
> >>
> > On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 4:16 AM, Mike Drob <[hidden email]> wrote:>
> >>
> > > I guess the natural follow-on question is whether the Maven
community>
> > > would consider publishing an official set of images? Or
alternatively>
> > > whether they should send a takedown notice to protect their brand
and>

> > > trademarks...>

> > > official>

> > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]>
> > >>

> > -->
> > ----->
> > Arnaud H�ritier>
> > http://aheritier.net>
> > Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com>
> > Twitter/Skype : aheritier>

Re: Maven Docker Images

Hervé BOUTEMY
great idea

ok, we need a git repo at ASF

what else?
Is there some sort of release process? some sort of source to release?

Le jeudi 19 octobre 2017, 13:47:45 CEST Mike Drob a écrit :

> Thanks for the pointer, Carlos! I had searched the archives, but maybe I
> didn't go back far enough.
>
> I think moving these Dockerfiles into an ASF repo would be great for their
> maintainability.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> On 2017-10-19 03:50, Carlos Sanchez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Arnaud is correct, I sent an email to users@ back on Fri, Nov 7, 2014,>
> > 00:23 when I created the image>
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 19, 2017, 11:12 Arnaud H�ritier <[hidden email]> wrote:>
> >
> > > These images are kindly managed by a PMC member of our project (Carlos)
>
> but>
>
> > > yes they aren't managed directly by the project>
> > >
> > > We can easily see with him to improve this IMO.>
> > >
> > > When he started that (several years ago) Docker wasn't what it is
>
> nowadays.>
>
> > > With docker being mainstream I agree that we can reconsider this.>
> > >
> > > The docker image build/distribution could perhaps be part of our
>
> release>
>
> > > process.>
> > >
> > > WDYT Carlos ?>

> community>

> alternatively>

> and>

> be>

> > > -->
> > > ----->
> > > Arnaud H�ritier>
> > > http://aheritier.net>
> > > Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com>
> > > Twitter/Skype : aheritier>

Re: Maven Docker Images

Maxim Solodovnik
Hello,

here is the place for Apache docker images managed by infra and Apache
projects https://bintray.com/apache/ :)

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 12:30 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> great idea
>
> ok, we need a git repo at ASF
>
> what else?
> Is there some sort of release process? some sort of source to release?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le jeudi 19 octobre 2017, 13:47:45 CEST Mike Drob a écrit :
> > Thanks for the pointer, Carlos! I had searched the archives, but maybe I
> > didn't go back far enough.
> >
> > I think moving these Dockerfiles into an ASF repo would be great for
> their
> > maintainability.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > On 2017-10-19 03:50, Carlos Sanchez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Arnaud is correct, I sent an email to users@ back on Fri, Nov 7,
> 2014,>
> > > 00:23 when I created the image>

> (Carlos)
> >
> > but>

> > nowadays.>

> > release>

> > community>

> > alternatively>

> > and>

> URL.>

> considered to
> >
> > be>

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Maven Docker Images

Maxim Solodovnik
In this case dockerhub is preferable :)

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Bindul Bhowmik <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Maxim,
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Maxim Solodovnik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > here is the place for Apache docker images managed by infra and Apache
> > projects https://bintray.com/apache/ :)
>
> From what I have seen, while there are 4 projects with docker
> repositories on bintray, there seem to be a lot more at dockerhub [1].
> I did a quick search on INFRA JIRA and found that infra has set a few
> projects up on dockerhub recently [2], for example INFRA-14756 [3] for
> bookkeeper.
>
> Bindul
>
> [1] https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/
> [2] <a href="https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=component%20%">https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=component%20%
> 3D%20Docker%20AND%20project%20%3D%20INFRA
>

> > On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 12:30 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > great idea
> > >
> > > ok, we need a git repo at ASF
> > >
> > > what else?
> > > Is there some sort of release process? some sort of source to release?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Hervé

> maybe I

> > > their

> > > 2014,>

> > > (Carlos)

> this.>

> brand

> > > URL.>

> > > considered to

> [hidden email]>

> > --
> > WBR
> > Maxim aka solomax

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Maven Docker Images

Maxim Solodovnik
I would start with filing INFRA ticket :)

WBR
Maxim aka solomax