[Maven Dependency Plugin] usedDependency vs. ignoredUnusedDeclaredDependencies

[Maven Dependency Plugin] usedDependency vs. ignoredUnusedDeclaredDependencies

shelleyb-2
What is the difference between the maven-dependency-plugin's
*ignoredUnusedDeclaredDependencies* [1] and *usedDependencies *[2]?

I have several runtime/test-runtime dependencies that are flagged by the
plugin as unused and declared and would like to ignore them. Both of these
parameters seem to accomplish this, so I'd like some clarification as to
what the difference is between them, and which to use when.

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/analyze-mojo.html#ignoredUnusedDeclaredDependencies
[2]
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/analyze-mojo.html#usedDependencies

Re: [Maven Dependency Plugin] usedDependency vs. ignoredUnusedDeclaredDependencies

shelleyb-2
I've also posted this question on Stack Overflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63885408/maven-dependency-plugin-useddependency-vs-ignoredunuseddeclareddependencies

On 2020/09/02 15:09:43, Shelley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What is the difference between the maven-dependency-plugin's
> *ignoredUnusedDeclaredDependencies* [1] and *usedDependencies *[2]?
>
> I have several runtime/test-runtime dependencies that are flagged by the
> plugin as unused and declared and would like to ignore them. Both of these
> parameters seem to accomplish this, so I'd like some clarification as to
> what the difference is between them, and which to use when.
>
> [1]
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/analyze-mojo.html#ignoredUnusedDeclaredDependencies
> [2]
> https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/analyze-mojo.html#usedDependencies

Re: [Maven Dependency Plugin] usedDependency vs. ignoredUnusedDeclaredDependencies

Alexander Kriegisch-2
FYI, I have just answered your SO question:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/63894653/1082681

--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de