Maven Contributors

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Maven Contributors

rfscholte
Hi all,

thanks to JCrete I've been able to spread the word about the  
Maven-situation (#users versus #committers and their time).
This resulted in a couple of sessions trying to fix several open issues  
for shared-utils + JXR  which should be easy to fix and which should make  
everybody better understand the open source contribution process.

One of the suggestions they had was a list of (probably) easy-to-fix  
issues,
either labeled in Jira or some top X on some page. Or we need to rate  
every (new) issue between easy and hard. This will require some extra time  
to set up, but should pay itself back in the end and might lead to new  
committers.

WDYT?

Robert

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Maven Contributors

rfscholte
Got this suggestion as well, seems like a nice way:

https://up-for-grabs.net/#/tags/java

Robert

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 21:11:20 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> On 29/07/18 21:02, Robert Scholte wrote:
>> On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 20:50:28 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise  
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Robert,
>>>
>>> On 29/07/18 19:53, Robert Scholte wrote:
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>  thanks to JCrete I've been able to spread the word about the  
>>>> Maven-situation (#users versus #committers and their time).
>>>
>>> Great idea...have you had slides or just spoken about it...? (I assume  
>>> so?)
>>  There are no slides. I hosted a session about contribution to open  
>> source projects / Maven.
>
> Great Idea...
>
>
>> Here we came up with the idea to use the Friday morning to guide  
>> everybody to the whole process with a real example.
>
> real examples are always the best..
>
>
>> I had no time to find enough different "easy" issues, so I gave  
>> everybody the same, just to understand the process.
>
> No problem...that's ok...I just misunderstood that fixes for the same  
> JIRA's comming from different people...
>
> You could have wrote an email on dev list to warn a little  
> bit...;-)..but on the other hand this is real life...
>
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> This resulted in a couple of sessions trying to fix several open  
>>>> issues for shared-utils + JXR  which should be easy to fix and which  
>>>> should make everybody better understand the open source contribution  
>>>> process.
>>>
>>> for shared-utils had been several PR's..which are already in  
>>> master...than this might be based on your trigger...great...
>>  Yes, Kat was very pleased.
>>
>>>
>>> for JXR there had been also PR's...which are done...great too...
>>  Perfect!
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>  One of the suggestions they had was a list of (probably) easy-to-fix  
>>>> issues,
>>>> either labeled in Jira or some top X on some page.
>>>
>>>  >
>>> Or we need to rate
>>>> every (new) issue between easy and hard. This will require some extra  
>>>> time to set up, but should pay itself back in the end and might lead  
>>>> to new committers.
>>>
>>> I think we should make both of them...
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]