Quantcast

Maven Codestyle as Checkstyle definition

Maven Codestyle as Checkstyle definition

Manfred Moser
Hi!

The Android Maven Plugin is currently considering implementing a code
style and we are probably going to use the Maven codestyle from here

http://maven.apache.org/developers/conventions/code.html

We are planning to enforce the style as part of the build and are
therefore wondering if a checkstyle file is available somewhere as a build
tools are on central or some other way so we can reuse it instead of
creating our own..

thanks

manfred

Re: Maven Codestyle as Checkstyle definition

Hervé BOUTEMY
just use <configLocation>config/maven_checks.xml</configLocation>, which will use
config embedded in maven-checkstyle-plugin

see Maven parent pom, for example [1]
of configLocation documentation [2]

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/pom/tags/maven-
parent-21/pom.xml?view=markup

[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/checkstyle-
mojo.html#configLocation

Le lundi 28 mai 2012 10:59:51 Manfred Moser a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> The Android Maven Plugin is currently considering implementing a code
> style and we are probably going to use the Maven codestyle from here
>
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/conventions/code.html
>
> We are planning to enforce the style as part of the build and are
> therefore wondering if a checkstyle file is available somewhere as a build
> tools are on central or some other way so we can reuse it instead of
> creating our own..
>
> thanks
>
> manfred

Re: Maven Codestyle as Checkstyle definition

Manfred Moser
Awesome Herve. Good to know.

manfred

On Mon, May 28, 2012 11:52 am, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> just use <configLocation>config/maven_checks.xml</configLocation>, which
> will use
> config embedded in maven-checkstyle-plugin
>
> see Maven parent pom, for example [1]
> of configLocation documentation [2]
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/pom/tags/maven-
> parent-21/pom.xml?view=markup
>
> [2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/checkstyle-
> mojo.html#configLocation
>
> Le lundi 28 mai 2012 10:59:51 Manfred Moser a écrit :
>> Hi!
>>
>> The Android Maven Plugin is currently considering implementing a code
>> style and we are probably going to use the Maven codestyle from here
>>
>> http://maven.apache.org/developers/conventions/code.html
>>
>> We are planning to enforce the style as part of the build and are
>> therefore wondering if a checkstyle file is available somewhere as a
>> build
>> tools are on central or some other way so we can reuse it instead of
>> creating our own..
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> manfred

Re: Maven Codestyle as Checkstyle definition

Manfred Moser
Update:

I implemented that now however I had to pull in the maven checks file into
the plugin code base and use the local copy since I was unable to figure
out how to override license check to use a different license file than the
one in the checkstyle plugin. It does not seem to pick up the LICENSE.txt
in my codebase.

Is that a bug?

manfred

Btw. code is at https://github.com/jayway/maven-android-plugin