Maven Ant Tasks - Central 501 HTTPS Required

Maven Ant Tasks - Central 501 HTTPS Required

Tim N
Yes, I'm still using Ant and Ant Maven Tasks, which has now succumbed to
the "501 HTTPS Required" bug.

I tried a quick fix patch (
https://github.com/tntim96/maven-ant-tasks/commit/b5a89db590e54126164d9d50a5062a0cb4be056c),
but not only does the build fail, the resultant JAR still exhibits the
behaviour, I suppose because it's based on maven 2.2.1 which also doesn't
have the HTTPS fix.Upgrading maven versions appears to be non-trivial.

This tool has worked pretty well for me, so I guess I have a few questions
that didn't appear in the FAQ.

Why was it retired? Is there a better approach to calling the Maven from
Ant?

What is the recommended dependency approach in Ant?

Thanks. I would appreciate any help or tips.

Re: Maven Ant Tasks - Central 501 HTTPS Required

Hervé BOUTEMY
maven-ant-tasks have been deprecated in favor of Maven Artifact Resolver Ant
Tasks: https://maven.apache.org/resolver-ant-tasks/

Did you consider upgrading?
The new tasks are a little bit different, but they are equivalent and built
against Maven 3 resolution.

Fantastic, I'll give that a go. Is it possible to add a link to that
project from https://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/ ?

Le mardi 18 février 2020, 03:00:44 CET Tim N a écrit :
> > maven-ant-tasks have been deprecated in favor of Maven Artifact Resolver
>
> Ant Tasks: https://maven.apache.org/resolver-ant-tasks/
>
> Fantastic, I'll give that a go. Is it possible to add a link to that
> project from https://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/ ?

Good idea, I'll work on it