Maven 4 / @Inject

Markus KARG-3
We are used to "import javax.inject.*" in Maven, but that namespace if dead
since Jakarta EE 9. Since November the new namespace is released "import
jakarta.inject.*". I wonder if Maven 4 really still wants to stick with the
dead namespace instead, or whether it makes sense that we adopt the new
namespace now?

-Markus

Re: Maven 4 / @Inject

michaelo
Am 2020-12-28 um 14:56 schrieb Markus KARG:
> We are used to "import javax.inject.*" in Maven, but that namespace if dead
> since Jakarta EE 9. Since November the new namespace is released "import
> jakarta.inject.*". I wonder if Maven 4 really still wants to stick with the
> dead namespace instead, or whether it makes sense that we adopt the new
> namespace now?

That statement is very harsh. Both will co-exist for at least 10 years
due to the massive amount of applications in companies. Maven tries to
clean up stuff. I think this needs to be spared to Maven 5.

AW: Maven 4 / @Inject

Markus KARG-3
With "dead" I mean: Nobody is allowed to add anything new in that namespace
-- neither classes nor interfaces nor even new parameters.

I would like that Maven 4 accepts both (old and new namespace).

-Markus

Am 2020-12-28 um 14:56 schrieb Markus KARG:
> We are used to "import javax.inject.*" in Maven, but that namespace if
dead
> since Jakarta EE 9. Since November the new namespace is released "import
> jakarta.inject.*". I wonder if Maven 4 really still wants to stick with
the
> dead namespace instead, or whether it makes sense that we adopt the new
> namespace now?

That statement is very harsh. Both will co-exist for at least 10 years
due to the massive amount of applications in companies. Maven tries to
clean up stuff. I think this needs to be spared to Maven 5.

AW: Maven 4 / @Inject

Markus KARG-3
I don't like the idea of simply keeping javax "and period" as it looks like us not moving forward, since people will learn about the history and future of that namespace; it is just NOT ours but that of Oracle / JCP / EF. We can keep it, but we definitively should add jakarta as an alternative.
-Markus