Maven 3.0 doesn't update snapshot artifacts

Maven 3.0 doesn't update snapshot artifacts

Moser, Christian
I'm unable to download the newest artifacts (compiled jar) with maven
3.0 and 3.0.1-RC1  from cmd line. The artifacts were deployed to
artifactory 2.3.1.

After calling "mvn -U" on a dependend artifact, maven just updates the
metadata, but doesn't override the old artifacts contained in the local
repository. I have to delete the local repository to receive the newest
artifacts from remote after calling mvn -U. the artifacts are all
snapshots version.

Is there another, new way to force update snapshots?

-Chris

Re: Maven 3.0 doesn't update snapshot artifacts

Patrick Sansoucy
We witnessed the same issue here at work. While the latest Maven 2
works properly, our developpers using Maven 3 had the problem and had
to go through the same procedure of deleting the jar within the local
repo.

We, on the other hand, use archiva for our artifact deployement.
It is a major blocker for our dev team to upgrade to M3. I don't know
the culprit and I have not tried using the uniqueVersion toggle to
timestamp the snapshot, since I need to discuss this change with our
CM's.

-Patrick

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Moser, Christian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm unable to download the newest artifacts (compiled jar) with maven
> 3.0 and 3.0.1-RC1  from cmd line. The artifacts were deployed to
> artifactory 2.3.1.
>

> After calling "mvn -U" on a dependend artifact, maven just updates the
> metadata, but doesn't override the old artifacts contained in the local
> repository. I have to delete the local repository to receive the newest
> artifacts from remote after calling mvn -U. the artifacts are all
> snapshots version.
>
> Is there another, new way to force update snapshots?
>

> -Chris

AW: Maven 3.0 doesn't update snapshot artifacts

Moser, Christian
Posted my problem also in artifactory mailing list.

@see
http://forums.jfrog.org/artifactory-amp-maven-3-0-metadata-problem-td5776632.html

- Chris

We witnessed the same issue here at work. While the latest Maven 2
works properly, our developpers using Maven 3 had the problem and had
to go through the same procedure of deleting the jar within the local
repo.

We, on the other hand, use archiva for our artifact deployement.
It is a major blocker for our dev team to upgrade to M3. I don't know
the culprit and I have not tried using the uniqueVersion toggle to
timestamp the snapshot, since I need to discuss this change with our
CM's.

-Patrick

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Moser, Christian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm unable to download the newest artifacts (compiled jar) with maven
> 3.0 and 3.0.1-RC1  from cmd line. The artifacts were deployed to
> artifactory 2.3.1.
>

> After calling "mvn -U" on a dependend artifact, maven just updates the
> metadata, but doesn't override the old artifacts contained in the local
> repository. I have to delete the local repository to receive the newest
> artifacts from remote after calling mvn -U. the artifacts are all
> snapshots version.
>
> Is there another, new way to force update snapshots?
>

> -Chris

Re: Maven 3.0 doesn't update snapshot artifacts

Stevo Slavić
Define update policy in your snapshots repository declaration:

<repository>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
      </snapshots>
</repository>

Regards,
Stevo.

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Moser, Christian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Posted my problem also in artifactory mailing list.
>
> @see
>
> http://forums.jfrog.org/artifactory-amp-maven-3-0-metadata-problem-td5776632.html
>
> - Chris

I guess calling mvn explicit with -U should have the same effect like setting <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>, shouldn't it?

- Chris