Maven 1.0.2: Local file system based repository not working

Maven 1.0.2: Local file system based repository not working

rahul-12
Hi,

I need to set up a file-system based local repository on my system and
have updated the project.properties file as follows :

<snip>

maven.plugin.unpacked.dir=${user.home}/release-packaging

# following looks for folder called 'repository'
maven.home.local=${user.home}/release-packaging

# Location of remote repository
#maven.repo.remote=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven
maven.repo.remote=file:///${user.home}/release-packaging/repository
maven.repo.remote.enabled=false

# Yes, I am connected to internet
maven.mode.online=true

</snip>

However, I get the following error when I run "maven java:compile".

<snip>

Error retrieving artifact from
[file://home/www/projects/release-packaging/repository/struts/jars/struts-1.1.0.jar]:
java.net.UnknownHostException: home
WARNING: Failed to download struts-1.1.0.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

</snip>

Is there an issue with Maven 1.0.2 to resolve local file-system based
repositories? I didn't find anything in mail archives. Appreciate any
pointers.

TIA,

Rahul

Re: Maven 1.0.2: Local file system based repository not working

Brett Porter
The JDK URL connection doesn't appear to follow the spec, and in our
attempts to fix it up it didn't always work.

In Maven 1.1, we have ensured it follows the spec (and allows a couple
of others for backwards compat).

If you change file:///${user.home}... to file:${user.home} it should work.

-- Brett

On 5/26/05, Rahul <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to set up a file-system based local repository on my system and
> have updated the project.properties file as follows :
>
> <snip>
>
> maven.plugin.unpacked.dir=${user.home}/release-packaging
>
> # following looks for folder called 'repository'
> maven.home.local=${user.home}/release-packaging
>
> # Location of remote repository
> #maven.repo.remote=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven
> maven.repo.remote=file:///${user.home}/release-packaging/repository
> maven.repo.remote.enabled=false
>
> # Yes, I am connected to internet
> maven.mode.online=true
>
> </snip>
>

> However, I get the following error when I run "maven java:compile".
>
> <snip>
>
> Error retrieving artifact from
> [file://home/www/projects/release-packaging/repository/struts/jars/struts-1.1.0.jar]:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: home
> WARNING: Failed to download struts-1.1.0.jar.
> The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:
>
> </snip>
>
> Is there an issue with Maven 1.0.2 to resolve local file-system based
> repositories? I didn't find anything in mail archives. Appreciate any
> pointers.
>
> TIA,
>
> Rahul

using maven properties/variables in xdocs

Justin_Freitag
Hi all,

I having issues using maven properties/variables in my xdocs.  I've created
an xdocs/index.xml that I want to customise based on property values, eg.

<document>
  <properties>
    <title>About ${myProperty}</title>
  </properties>

    <section name="About ${myProperty}">
    </section>
</document>

I would like ${myProperty} to be replaced with the property value, but
instead I see ${myProperty} on the generated html page.  Is there a way I
can acheive this?

cheers,
Justin

Re: using maven properties/variables in xdocs

Jamie Bisotti
This can't currnetly be done.  Search JIRA, there's an issue filed
somewhere; probably agains xdoc plugin.

On 5/25/05, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I having issues using maven properties/variables in my xdocs.  I've created
> an xdocs/index.xml that I want to customise based on property values, eg.
>
> <document>
>   <properties>
>     <title>About ${myProperty}</title>
>   </properties>

>     <section name="About ${myProperty}">
>     </section>
> </document>
>

> I would like ${myProperty} to be replaced with the property value, but
> instead I see ${myProperty} on the generated html page.  Is there a way I
> can acheive this?
>
> cheers,
> Justin

Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc.

Re: using maven properties/variables in xdocs

Kenney Westerhof
On Thu, 26 May 2005 [hidden email] wrote:

You could create a maven.xml task that uses ant copy using filtering
to copy the xdocs/ dir to target/generated-docs (or something)
and possibly setting the xdoc document location to the new location.
If you use ant filtering you should use @token@ style variables in the
document, or create a jelly script that reads the xml document as a script
while filling in the ${variables} and write it somewhere (i've done it so
it's possible)..

-- Kenney

> Hi all,
>
> I having issues using maven properties/variables in my xdocs.  I've created
> an xdocs/index.xml that I want to customise based on property values, eg.
>
> <document>
>   <properties>
>     <title>About ${myProperty}</title>
>   </properties>

>     <section name="About ${myProperty}">
>     </section>
> </document>
>

> I would like ${myProperty} to be replaced with the property value, but
> instead I see ${myProperty} on the generated html page.  Is there a way I
> can acheive this?
>
> cheers,
> Justin

Kenney Westerhof